Author Topic: A little sad and happy at the same time....  (Read 1570 times)

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
A little sad and happy at the same time....
« on: September 28, 2013, 05:09:14 PM »
...Our ducks went to their new home today. Kevin works with this man. They came and caught them. He went on and on about how nice they looked. That made me feel good. I believe if you are going to raise livestock then you should care for them the best you can. My ducks were fed daily then turned out of their shed to free range all day. Then I locked them up every night. They were looking very nice since they molted earlier.  ;D

I was not home when the man came for them, since I needed to get groceries. I got home just a few minutes after he left.  :( I walked in and Kevin greeted me with, 'I hope I did the right thing.' Hmmm, what's coming next? He says, 'You know Sammie, your rabbit?' Well yes, I have been taking care of him for 1 1/2 years. LOL Well, this man's son has two does and no buck. He fell in love with Sammie. So Kevin gave him Sammie, with the promise that if I was not ok with this, he would bring him back to me.  I will admit I was a little startled, but after a few minutes of thinking about it, decided it was a good decision. Sammy went to a home with children and he will get to be a daddy to lots of little bunnies (at least I hope he will LOL). I thought about how lonely Sammie had to be with being the only one of his kind around here. Although I talked to him and petted him daily, I know it wasn't the same as seeing and smelling his own kind.  :-\  I did tell Kevin that I would not be as kind or understanding if I come home some day and he has given my Buddy or Callie or Aeris away. LOL He said he knew that and has no death wish.  ;) :D

So I am a bit sad tonight, but happy at the same time. My ducks will have a good home with plenty of water. My Sammie will be the center of attention to some preteens. I will not have to worry about the water situation this winter. So it's all good. It was quite a struggle to keep enough water thawed for the ducks last year. I was not looking forward to that again. I also had to switch Sammie's water out twice daily. So my chores have been lightened considerably.  ;D

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: A little sad and happy at the same time....
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 05:30:48 PM »
Oh wow, guess that would be a surprise!  Glad you are okay with it.  Sounds like Sammie should be happy with all that attention both from kids and some girlfriends.  :)

Offline Cheryl

Re: A little sad and happy at the same time....
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 08:28:40 AM »
I hope Sammy and the ducks are happy! :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn