Author Topic: Monday, April 18, 2016  (Read 959 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Monday, April 18, 2016
« on: April 18, 2016, 06:46:04 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Monday, April 18, 2016
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 06:49:02 AM »
Good morning!

Hope you all had a great weekend!  We had two soccer games on Saturday then Nathan and I went to watch our local professional soccer team's game.  It was fun, made even better by the fact that we won, and are still unbeaten in our conference.  Yesterday we enjoyed church and had a family dinner with my family.

Today I have laundry to do and house pickup.  I also need to finish taxes.  Today's my husband's birthday so I need to do some shopping for that. 

Dinner tonight will be the birthday boy's request of grilled steaks, mashed potatoes, dilly lime carrots, caesar salad and strawberry shortcake.

Have a great day!

Merilee

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 07:16:02 AM »
Good morning Merilee and all

We are in the rain belt now.  I bet we have had 3 inches.  It is great even though it makes calving more challenging. Ross was gone Saturday for a bull sale so the kids and I were very busy. I got stuck with side by side my phone died just as I was telling them were we were. Thank heavens I made lane go with me and he had his phone.  We  were cold and wet. Sunday, Allison and I went to the city after chores as it was my turn to drive for volleyball camp. I had 2 hrs to shop while kids practiced. I had my SAMs order ready for me but I did go in and get a few extra things.when we got home we had company that stayed about 2 hrs. I got my bountiful basket Friday so have been enjoying that. I need to use more of that.  Kids are all back in school. I am catching cold too but not feeling terrible. Getting ready to start chores so I can come in and catch up on house and bookwork.

Coffee time on the go

Janice

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 07:40:53 AM »
We have had an absolutely beautiful weekend! Sunshine and warm temperatures. Since hubby can't do yardwork yet, I finished picking up all the twigs that fell in the last month or so. I did a much larger pickup about 4 weeks ago and burned them all so this pickup was easy and enjoyable. I went for about a 3 1/2 mile walk with MIL on Saturday and 4 short walks with hubby as he learns how to walk better with his new hip! He's doing great!

I took part of Friday off and washed bedsheets, towels and other odds and ends and hung them outside to dry. Oh, how sweet smelling that was! We cleaned out the three season porch of all the dust from the winter and wiped down all the furniture and screens. Hubby helped what he could do without bending or twisting and stopped when he got tired. But we did get to sit out there Sat. and Sun. and even ate dinner out there both days. I got some screen put in but I am unable to put two of them in and I just can't figure out why. I even labeled them so this is a big mystery to me.

I've decided to have myself a little garden this year. Since I don't have a proper place on this property to have one in the ground, I'm going to do a potted plant garden. I have always done flowers but this year I will do my herbs and vegetables. I'm hoping this will work. I save the soil in the pots each year so now I'm planning to do green beans, tomatoes, and a few more things. I just need my own garden again.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 10:04:27 AM »
Good Monday Ladies!

It sure seems nice to have more seasonably Spring weather!  My Dad's surgery went well, but he is having a bit of a complication now with his digestive system not wanting to get restarted.  Not sure how long this will delay his release, but overall, he is doing well.  Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.

I have been feeling a little lost with hubby being out of town for work.  He left on Friday morning, and will be back tomorrow night.  Between him being gone, and me waiting to see when my parents will need me to drive them home from the hospital, I haven't been very productive.

I was able to go to my son's baseball games on Saturday, and then go to dinner with him and his girlfriend, so that was nice.  It was such a beautiful day for games.
Might be back there for tomorrow's games as well.  Depends on if he is scheduled to pitch or not.  I should know later today if that is in my plan or not.

I need to run to Aldi to grab a few things.  I have no produce, and need milk as well.  I just keep putting off getting myself around to go.  I will do that this afternoon.  Maybe I will get out for a walk later.  I really need to keep moving. 

Hope everyone has a great day!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25