Author Topic: Tuesday, April 19, 2016  (Read 770 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Tuesday, April 19, 2016
« on: April 19, 2016, 08:05:03 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Tuesday, April 19, 2016
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 08:08:55 AM »
Good morning!

I had a bit of a lazy day yesterday.  Yesterday was Steven's birthday and he took the day off work so we did some stuff together.   At least I got the taxes done.  Nothing too big--our taxes are relatively simple and I'd already done most of it.  Just needed to finish it up, check the numbers and e-file.

So today I need to: Pick up the house.  Do laundry.  Do ironing.  Clean the microwave.  Clean the stove/oven.  Set up some appointments.  Call for bids to cut down some trees in our yard.  And a whole list of other little things that can be done here and there.

Dinner tonight is pork roast, rice pilaf, green beans, honey glazed carrots and strawberry shortcake.

Have a great day!
Merilee

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 09:06:43 AM »
Good Morning Merilee and all

I think I am gonna survive this cold. I started out good yesterday but got soaked in the rain twice and cold. By the afternoon I felt terrible.  So I was overjoyed when I woke up feeling good this morning. Waiting for my tractor to do my chores but a condensed version of them today as it is so wet. Hard to get around. the sun is shining so that will be marvelous! I got out all my bountiful baskets (I bought 2) and seeing what to make to use them up. I am gonna start by washing all the leaf lettuce and roll up in towel and put in fridge. It lasts so much longer this way. I bought some lettuce by mistake at sams so need to use that up 1st. We have been getting awesome baskets. Between my 2 baskets I had 3 pineapple, 3 small watermelons, 2 bags of apples and probably 10 out of the bag.  6 small heads of broccoli, 4 sets of onions, 2 lg cucumber, 8 roma tomatoes, 4 lg green peppers,  5 lg orange peppers. I think I will make a crockpot of applesauce with some from my other time. Then I will have a crockpot of supper in the other 1. I also bought 15 lbs of tomatoes. We love salsa so if I don't use them for salads or cooking I will use them in salsa. I need to start working at pulling out last years stuff out of my garden beds. Some I did in the fall but some was still growing. I have to do some bookwork I have been ignoring.  We have had tons of laundry with the wet muddy weather but am not complaining a lick.  We need moisture to survive here. Better get hopping and will check in on here later.

Janice

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 12:35:13 PM »
After a glorious few days, we're back to cold weather again. I was so pumped that spring/summer was here but now it's gone.

Time to close the windows and hunker down again. No rain at the moment but I think that's coming tonight. We have to very careful now not to get sick as this type of weather fluctuations will easily make our family sick.

Dinner tonight? Whatever pops out of the air, I have no idea. I'm not hungry now but as soon as I get home, I'll be starving. I'm also tired as we haven't slept well for a couple of nights. Not sure why, but I really need to get some rest.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats