Author Topic: Parmesan Cheese  (Read 2081 times)

Offline sbdriver

Parmesan Cheese
« on: April 22, 2016, 08:19:41 AM »
I use the parmesan cheese in the bottle and am need of a new bottle but don't use it that often. I see in my grocery flyer today there is a buy one get one free deal for it. My question is can I put one of them in the freezer to keep for later use? Will it still stay good?

Thanks ladies!
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
Re: Parmesan Cheese
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 09:11:00 AM »
Parmesan cheese...in a bottle?  What is this foreign substance you speak of?! ;D :o  The only parmesan I've come across is either fresh whole chunk or shredded from the refrigerated cheese counter, or the powdered shaker-type that is sold on the shelves (and presumably lasts quite a while).

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Cathie

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 12:27:13 PM »
I use the parmesan cheese in the bottle and am need of a new bottle but don't use it that often. I see in my grocery flyer today there is a buy one get one free deal for it. My question is can I put one of them in the freezer to keep for later use? Will it still stay good?

Thanks ladies!

Yes Laurie put it in the freezer - it will last a long time!

Mandy - it's a Canadian thing  ;) :-*

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 07:11:16 AM »
Thanks Cathie ..... and yes Mandy like the powdered shaker off the shelf  except maybe more like granules..... not powdered...... like a really fine shredder was used on it........could get into quite a discussion on this foreign substance;) ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  :P

I love your "Canadian thing" comment Cathie  ;D  ;D
Laurie

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 08:16:25 AM »
We SERIOUSLY need to move to Canada, already.  Anyone willing to sponsor us? (anyone? anyone?)  ;D ;D ;D

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2016, 01:08:53 PM »
As long as you bring my Grimm with you  ;)
Laurie

Offline Cathie

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2016, 03:38:01 PM »
Hahahahah Laurie

Yes, Grimm must come too ❤️😘

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 06:45:47 AM »
You've GOT it!

Mandy