Author Topic: Roasting vegetables  (Read 1540 times)

Offline gaggleofseven

Roasting vegetables
« on: April 30, 2016, 12:47:40 PM »
Do you have any favorite recipes for pan-roasted vegetables? Should I use any particular kind of oil - olive, canola, or something else? Can I spray/pump on oil rather than coating the vegetables? Thanks for any advice or instructions you can share!

Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline Cheryl

Re: Roasting vegetables
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 02:26:11 PM »
I like to coat with olive oil and sprinkle with this -
http://www.weberseasonings.com/product/roasted-garlic-herb-seasoning

Spraying with oil should work just fine.

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 10:31:53 PM »
Thanks, Cheryl. I will look for this next time I'm in the store.

Jennie
Jennie

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 02:09:17 PM »
I like roasted veggies. I prefer my veggies like carrots, zucchini, beans, asparagus with just the oil and salt and pepper. However, potatoes are really good with oil, seasoning salt, garlic powder, chopped rosemary and a light sprinkle of parmesan cheese. I guess you family will decide what they like best when they give it the taste test.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 09:15:39 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions, Alice and Cheryl. Tonight I roasted broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots tossed with olive oil and Italian seasoning, and cooked cubed chicken. It was a hit with the whole family!
Jennie

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 04:40:12 AM »
I roast nearly all of our veggies - I even roast frozen veggies although I find that the frozen green beans turn out the best.  i always use olive oil.  For the green beans, I use a bit of salt, garlic powder and crushed red pepper.  For broccoli, I do the same and then squeeze a bit of lemon over them after they finish cooking.  I keep it simple for asparagus and just use the oil and salt.  I do sometimes sprinkle a bit of grated Parmesan cheese on them after they finish cooking.  I roast potatoes a lot, too and I use different seasonings depending on what we are having with them.  I use a pinch of sugar on the potatoes and find it really brings out the flavor.

Denise