Author Topic: Monday, May 2, 2016  (Read 774 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Monday, May 2, 2016
« on: May 02, 2016, 06:08:02 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Monday, May 2, 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 06:15:28 AM »
Good morning and Happy May!

I'm always excited for the start of a new month.  It feels like a fresh start with a new calendar, new goals, and new projects.  It's even better when the first day is on a Sunday or Monday.  :)

Today will be mostly focused on laundry.  My husband did our laundry on Saturday and it needs to be put away.  I also need to do the boys' laundry.  I need to wash sheets today.  I'm going to go through the boys' clothes and pull out the winter stuff.  i'll also get the storage tub and see what's there.  I may need to buy summer pajamas.

I also have the usual house pickup to do.  I want to get my May menu planned.  I bought some new flowers and some herbs last week so I need to get those planted.  While I'm at it, I'll also weed the flower bed and get mulch spread.  The grass needs to be mowed.  We had some high winds over the weekend so I'll also need to see if branches need to be raked up.

Dinner tonight will be braised beef and mushrooms, orzo with brown butter, green beans and fruit.

Have a wonderful day!

Merilee

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 07:14:23 AM »
Kids are off to school with only 5 days left! I'm off work today so I have some house cleaning to do and shopping hope to sneak in a pedicure also  ;D . Tomorrow the 2nd graders are going to the Tulsa zoo and I'm driving there so little Ollie gets to tag along also, it's going to be so much fun. Keagan is still struggling at school getting made bullied and beat up and the school won't do anything poor thing just shuts down doesn't see a point in life but I have found this program called Epic Charter to homeschool him with next year and he is really excited about it. Frankly I am too, he will get to learn, do more fun hands on things and field trips, and be an only child for 7 hours a day which is what he's always wanted lol. Well I better get my day started, have a great day everyone.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 07:32:14 AM »
Good morning

It will be a fast moving day.  Hopefully Ross and I will leave this afternoon to go down to get Megan from college.  This way we can get up tomorrow morning and load everything up and cleanup and head home.  6 hrs driving 1 way.  She has to finish a class online at home. Will be nice to have this done!  So I need to get a lot done in a short amount of time.  I need to gather totes and floor cleaning supplies. I need to move a group of cows.  We have a friend who is a neurologist and he wants me to send down lanes records to look at with a team of Drs and decide what to do if anything. We are branding on Friday so you can imagine how much extra work we need to do.  It will all get done just be quite crazy.  I need to get some billing in the mail and get the servants going.  We have someone stopping by at 1 I better get moving. 

Coffee time.
Janice
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 08:02:49 AM by wrancher »

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 11:58:10 AM »
Good Afternoon!

This day did NOT start out as planned!  We were up nice and early at 4:20, got hubby out the door at 5, and as he's walking to the car, I asked, 'Got your phone? Wallet?' like I always do.  Well, no wallet.  We search and search, and it's nowhere to be found.  I check the bank account and it's untouched, so finally we conclude that he must have left it at the restaurant where we had dinner last night.  The unfortunate thing is, they don't open until 11!  So, I go ahead and go to the 7AM class at the gym, then come home and wait until we can get a restaurant employee on the phone.  Finally around 9:30 I called, they had it, and we were on our way to pick it up.  Of course, we had to run a few errands while we were in the shopping center :).

Anyway, I'm back home now, Jean has gone on to work (albeit later than he'd planned), and we can get this day going!  We had thought that our friends who traveled through last weekend were coming back to stay with us on their way home last night, but they ended up deciding just to drive straight through.  It was a bit of a bummer to have plans change so late and not to get to see them again, but hey, at least now the house is clean and the food prep is done ;D!  I have some NSA work to do, but everything else is in pretty good shape, so we'll see what else I can get into.

Dinner tonight is Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Salad.

Have a great day, ladies!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥