Author Topic: May menu  (Read 1986 times)

Offline Cheryl

May menu
« on: May 02, 2016, 12:11:46 PM »
Does anyone have a menu plan for May?

Here's mine so far -
1.Grilled steak, salad, baked potato, garlic bread
2.Taco salad
3.Crock pot cubed steak with mushroom gravy, roasted asparagus, mashed potatoes
4.Smoked sausages, onions & peppers, rice
5.Oven roasted chicken, squash casserole, green beans
6.Pizza

I need inspiration! :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
Re: May menu
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 01:13:58 PM »
So far for this week I've got (though maybe out of order):

Grilled Chicken w/ Spinach and Salad
Curry Lentils w/ Quinoa and Brown Rice
Frittata
Korean Turkey
Cashew Chicken w/ Edamame
Southwest Chicken Salad
Buffalo Quinoa Chicken Salad

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Cathie

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 05:01:43 AM »
I have not done one yet Cheryl.  It's still cold here so I am having trouble thinking of fun menus when there is frost on the ground when I wake up.   I am hoping to sit down and plan this today though.  I will share as far as I get when I'm done.

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 08:34:30 AM »
I have been winging it.  I keep hoping that a personal chef will show up at my door and tell me I have won a free year of service - groceries included.  Everyday I am disappointed.  😕😄

Denise

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 08:37:04 AM »
This is going to be a very difficult month. We got a love letter from the IRS that our 2014 had some missing information. We always have an accountant prepare our taxes and he forgot something so now we owe a large amount. Because of that, the entire summer will be difficult. Not sure what to do but groceries will probably be limited to milk, eggs, and whatever absolute essentials are needed. Everything else will be cut and every purchase will have to be questioned.

Last night it started with no tortillas and we were going to do pork soft tacos. Instead we had pork taco salad using leftover pork made into a taco filling with leftover red cabbage, brown rice and we layered this in bowls with lettuce, shredded cheese, salsa, red onion, thousand island dressing and croutons. Strange but very delicious. Tonight the fridge is empty except for 3 roasted chicken legs and some brown rice. Maybe a small casserole is in order (there is only three of us).

For the rest of the week, who knows but I do have some chicken, pork and ground beef in the freezer. I should probably make a plan. I know I can do this and since we have stuff in the freezer, I'm sure we'll get by just fine.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 04:10:41 AM »
I am sorry about your IRS problems, Alice.  We owed one year due to my being on unemployment.  I found them very understanding of our financial difficulties.  Perhaps they will negotiate with you so your payment is more manageable for you.

I don't think your dinner last night sounds odd at all.  You would probably pay good money for something like that in a restaurant.  😊

Denise

Offline Cathie

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 04:55:44 AM »
I am sorry to hear this Alice - I will be praying for you!

The dinner sounds yummy!

Offline Cathie

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 04:58:50 AM »
Sunday May 1 - hamburgers and salad
Monday May 2 - meatloaf, mashed potatoes and corn
Tuesday May 3 - I took the leftover meatloaf, mashed potatoes and corn and made shepherd's pie with it
Wednesday May 4 -
Thursday May 5 -
Friday May 6 - wedding - all 5 of us so dinner at the wedding
Saturday May 7 - pizza

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 05:32:10 AM »
Last night was leftover frozen homemade pizza from a week ago, fried rice, hotdogs and peaches! I did have to go to the store since we pretty much were out of everything and you can't live on nothing. I spent $65 for stuff that mostly were not food stuff. Toilet paper, paper towels, kitty litter and then snack crackers for lunches, milk, cheese, tortillas.

Supper tonight will be sloppy joes probably on bread since I have no buns although I might be able to make a quick bun recipe. We were given watermelon last night so we'll have that with our sloppy joes. If the weather is nice tomorrow, I might grill something. Friday is in question but Saturday I'll probably bake some bread and possibly make some jam. I have frozen peaches and frozen strawberries and rhubarb which makes lovely jam.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2016, 05:54:38 AM »
May 9-16

Beans, cornbread, cole slaw.  I will cook the beans with a ham bone from my freezer.

Pork chops (I will cook these in the oven since our grill needs a new part).  Sides will be veggies from the freezer.

BLT sandwiches, dill spears, chips

Salmon patties, mashed potatoes, green beans

Homemade pizza

Hotdogs, baked beans

Beef roast with carrots, potatoes, and onions

Bean & cheese quesadillas
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn