Author Topic: Wednesday, May 4, 2016  (Read 867 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Wednesday, May 4, 2016
« on: May 04, 2016, 08:19:09 AM »
Good morning! Happy Star Wars Day!  May the 4th be with you!   ;D ;D ;D

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Wednesday, May 4, 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 08:29:31 AM »
Good morning!

Yesterday was a very productive day, though not quite in the way I thought it would be.  Funny story.  As I've mentioned before, I watch two twin boys for an hour and a half every day because their mom works at the local Deaf school and their dad goes to work at 11, but they don't go to school till 12:45.  Yesterday was a beautiful day so I decided we should walk.  I checked the door from the house to the garage (the back door) to be sure it was unlocked (garage door was down).  We went out the front door and I locked that one.  I didn't take my keys because I had checked that the back door was unlocked.  When Nathan and I got home, he ran ahead of me and tried the front door.  Locked, of course.  I told him we'd go in through the garage.  Opened the garage door, only to find that the back door was locked!  Seems one of the twins thought we were driving and headed to the garage, then when I said we were walking, locked the back door, came back through the family room and went out the front door. 

Luckily, I had my phone on me so I was able to text my husband.  He was in a lunch meeting but they were almost done so he came home a little while later.  Luckily also, I had access to the garage so I decided to take advantage of the time and the shade and work on the front flower bed.  I got all the weeds pulled, all the dead bulb flowers pulled, planted three new flowers, leveled the soil and spread mulch.  It looks fantastic now and I am so glad to have that project done!

I got the house picked up so that was good.

Today is grocery shopping day.  I've got my menu made and the grocery list written.  I don't have too much to buy today so I'll leave when Alex goes to school and I'll still be done before the twins come at 11.  I also need to shop in the freezer and pull out the foods I need for this week.

Costco had a reduced price on glass Snapware so I bought a set last week.  I'm going through all my plastics and matching lids and bowls.  I'm going to rearrange my food storage stuff to make room for the new stuff.  I know there's some old stuff/cheap stuff that I'll be getting rid of.  Some other things I'll see if I can repurpose as storage containers for sewing or craft or school supplies. 

Tonight's dinner is Star Wars themed:  Han Burgers (hamburgers), Vader Taters (homemade steak fries), Millenium Falcorn (corn), and grape lightsabers.  Should be a fun dinner. 

Tonight Jordan has a Young Men activity and Nathan has a make up soccer game.  Steven has a Scout committee meeting.  Christie and Alex are the lone non-scheduled people. :)

Have a great day and may the 4th be with you!!  ;D

Merilee

Offline wrancher

Re: Wednesday, May 4, 2016
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 11:35:32 AM »
Good morning Merilee and all

Merilee you are always so busy! Glad it worked to your advantage yesterday.

I have been missing in action as my mom and I went and got Megan from college. Ross backed out on me at the last minute so I asked my mom to go last minute. Glad she helped me out.  I did get my haircut in my hustled trip. It had been 4 months. UGh it was bad.  I did it at a great clips place. My aunt uses this place or I would have never tried it. For $13 and then tip I was thrilled! I did it the last time at this spot too. So inexpensive. I picked up pop for branding on Friday. So that is what is up here. Just catching up on everything. After getting my lawnmower belt I really didn't need it. Ross went to put it on and my other one was just off not broke! So I have a spare! It really needs shaped up around here! I need to power wash out garage and I think I will have to do it at least 2 times.  I serve the food for branders in there so want it clean. Megan and I got her bed set up but she stayed over here last night.  We didn't get bedding on yet as I was gonna rewash some bedding in storage. Anixous to have a family member over in rental house to fix things back up.  Well I need to go haul hay for hay grinder guy and go mow my yard. I need to go get my chicken chores done and work on more flower beds. I want to have a big garden this year.