Author Topic: Thursday, May 12, 2016  (Read 888 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Thursday, May 12, 2016
« on: May 12, 2016, 07:51:08 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Thursday, May 12, 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 07:53:28 AM »
Another lovely day today.

Today I will have the twins from 11 am to 3:45 pm.  Then football, then soccer practices tonight.

I'm planning a mostly at-home day.  I do need to run to the grocery store to get some things that I didn't buy at Costco yesterday.  I plan to spend today catching up.  I have a few loads of laundry to do.  The house needs picking up.  Today is my scheduled dust, vacuum and mop day.  I'd also like to do some decor re-arranging.  So I'll just do things as I go and see how much I get done.

Have a great day!

Merilee

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Thursday, May 12, 2016
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 08:43:59 AM »
Ah, the day before Friday! It's a busy day today. Work, then pick up a van full of stuff from son from his dorm room (big stuff like futon and office desk chair and whatever else can fit in the van), volunteer at the food pantry tonight. I'll get home just in time to fall into bed

Dinner yesterday was kind of late. Hubby and I talked about having baked chicken and homemade buns with leftover green beans. He made the buns but didn't think about cooking the chicken so I had to put a fully frozen chicken thighs in the oven after work and then wait for them to cook.  Luckily no one was terribly hungry until a bit later in the evening. While I was at it, I also roasted a turkey roast that will be tonight's dinner. I figured I better get things organized even though hubby is home all day, he just doesn't think ahead.

While the food was cooking we did two 1-mile walks added to the one mile walk I did during my lunch hour would be three miles for me! I know the best thing is to do 30 minutes of exercise all at once but I just can't get that in during my lunch hour and hubby prefers to do one mile walks with a break in between so his hip muscles don't get too sore.

Not sure if we can walk today since it seems to be a bit drippy outside though the majority of the rain has supposedly moved out. We are trying to get more healthy these days by improving our lifestyle in the exercise and meal department. It is kind of hard for meals because we eat whatever we can make from cheaper foods. So for instance we have a pound of hamburger that makes a meal and leftovers for tomorrow's lunch turned into sloppy joes and homemade buns. Is it healthy? I don't know but it is filling for two meals. Or, roasted chicken with potato wedges because both of those are cheap. Healthy? I don't know but leftovers are made into chicken noodle soup or chicken pot pie. I know that I can't do meals brought in by Weight Watchers or the Sharon Osborn supports where you buy the weeks worth of meals. I have to make my own stuff on a budget. We're just dealing with high blood pressure and weight (not a lot but enough to be concerned). I take my own lunch to work with me everyday and I have crackers as a morning snack but my tummy just sticks out. I weigh about 146 lbs and I think I should drop a bit but I just don't know how. My daughter is a little heavier than me and teaches at a high-risk school and she has high BP and she walks on the elliptical every day and eats what we do and she can't lose either. Any ideas?

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats