Author Topic: Wed. May 11, 2016  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Wed. May 11, 2016
« on: May 11, 2016, 08:06:36 AM »
Good Morning,

We had a very rainy, cool, miserable day yesterday. I took the day off to go with my husband to his 6 week post-op hip replacement surgery. He pretty much is ready to go back to his normal duties. He still has a little incision spots that are tender and some muscle pain and needs to stretch those muscles out. The hip pain itself is gone! He has no restrictions and now just has to gain some strength.

Since it was such a cool day, I made a vegetable beef barley soup for supper last night and it was a hit for such a cool day. Tonight, not sure but it might be baked chicken with green beans and buns. I also worked at a funeral at church yesterday after the dr. appt. and it was a cake and bars with coffee and juice for a mid-afternoon snack for the folks attending the funeral. I elected not to take any leftovers home since we just don't need the sweets.

Today, I'm back at work. Kids are getting ready to come home from college for the summer and the moving back will start slowly tomorrow by me picking up a full sized futon from my son's room. They are done with exams on May 19th so then the full house really begins.  Both kids are taking some summer courses and we're hosting a gal who is from out of town but attends the college and needs a place to stay while she takes two out of the three sessions this summer. It will be rather busy but I'm OK with that.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Wed. May 11, 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 09:16:04 AM »
Good morning!

It's a beautiful, sunny, cool day today.

Kindergarten assessments are this week so I don't have the twins except for tomorrow. 

Today is shopping day.  I am hoping to clean the fridge before I go.  It needs a good cleaning!

I have a meal to take to a church family (the mom is having foot surgery today) and I need to pick up another lady for an appointment with our bishop tonight.  No church activities for the teens tonight because they're doing a service project on Saturday.

I will do other things as I have pockets of time. 

Today I'm expecting to get a scanner that is made to scan film negatives.  I'm starting a HUGE photo project.  Christie (my oldest) will graduate high school next year and I want to have her scrapbooks caught up through her 18th birthday by then.  I've got years and years of film negatives that I will scan and digitize, then I will look through them all and find the pictures I need to print to finish her scrapbooks.  They are 8.5x11 so I can't use the Project Life app but I'm going to keep the pages fairly simple so I hope it won't take too long. Her school-specific book is 12x12, so I'll use the PL app for that.

Have a good day!

Merilee

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 11:12:45 AM »
Good morning

Sitting in Drs office with lane. Not really getting anywhere. So Ross is along so my list just got way shorter. Ugh I was gonna buy plants but we brought pickup. Pretty much anything I needed to do won't get done. I did chick chores before we left and will check them when we get home. My list will be long tomorrow of things to do.

Janice

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 11:14:53 AM »
Alice so glad your husband is doing good

Merilee I need to do the same thing as my daughter graduates next year too. I need to schedule senior pictures this summer.

Janice

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 04:23:21 PM »
Good afternoon, well almost evening here, girls.

Have been reading about your busy days, but just been too covered up with school to actually sit down long enough to post.   We have been dealing with storms here yesterday, today, tonight and supposedly tomorrow.  Have been thinking about Catherine and Norma after seeing where they hit yesterday.  Hoping that you are both OK.  Be glad for Friday to get here and this stuff to move on out already.  Don't care much for these constant tornado warnings! Feeling blessed to have a basement these days.

Have dinner to finish cooking.  Looks like tonight will be burgers/no buns and rice and green beans.  Hubby was supposed to stop by the store on the way home, but I don't really want him to in the middle of these storms.

Alice, so glad to hear your husband is doing so well.

Janice, hoping Lane is doing better.

Have a good night ladies.

Lindsay