Author Topic: Monday, September 30, 2013  (Read 2308 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, September 30, 2013
« on: September 30, 2013, 08:08:11 AM »
Good Morning!

Offline wrancher

Re: Monday, September 30, 2013
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 08:12:45 AM »
Off to haul some hay before I  go in for DS football game tonight. Laundry and dishes going should be able to switch loads of clothes around. DH is custom planting at neighbors so all is pretty quiet with the kids at school. DD has basketball practice otherwise a normal night. We will have ribs tonight I griled last night. I have 1 more rack to go on but have to be here like 4 hrs so probably wont start that. Well lots of walking today as my bales are all scattered out so better go get laundry and coffee (my favorite part) and get going

Have a great day my friends!

Janice

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 10:54:20 AM »
Good morning!

It's a beautiful sunny day here in Utah.  I've got a lot on my list as we all had colds last week and I let things slide a little bit. 

So far today I have:
emptied the dishwasher and reloaded it
scrubbed the cat fountain
washed and dried a load of laundry
scrubbed the kitchen table
played lots with the kids  :)

On my list to do:
vacuum
clean 3 litter boxes
scrub out gucky fridge drawer
clarify and can grape juice
wash 2 more loads and dry and FOLD and PUT AWAY  ;D
diapers
pick an area that's bugging me and clean/organize/give away stuff from there

Dinner tonight will be homemade chicken nuggets (new recipe from my cousin) and homemade tatortots with peas and carrots

Have a great day!!!

Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 11:30:40 AM »
Good afternoon,

I had to take the car in to the station today. We had a screw in one tire and the front end was wobbling on another tire. The repairman said one of the front tires had a high spot on it. He rebalanced it and said if that didn't do it we would have to have new tires put on.  :( That is an expense we were not counting on just before winter.  :'(  He fixed the tire with the screw. Thirty five dollars later I think it is a bit better, but will let Kevin make that call. Always something.  ::)

I have some housework to get done, then hope to finish the quilting on my SIL's fall quilt. Kevin wants me to boil him some eggs. I need to sweep, mop, and dust. Already got the trash carried out. Then just a few more things to do. I may put a spaghetti squash in the crock pot. That works so good. Just stab a few holes with a knife in the squash. Put it in the crock pot. Add 1 1/2 cups water and cook on low for about 8 hours. It is so much easier to do them this way and you get every bit of the squash right down to the skin. Very easy to cut in half after cooking and the seeds just spoon out easily. Kevin really likes spaghetti squash.  :D

I kind of miss the ducks, but it is a relief to have them gone at the same time. Sure made it quiet around here in the mornings. Until one of my young chickens gets old enough to crow, we don't even have a rooster crowing.  :-\ 

I have a few more tomatoes to work up. I'll probably just puree them and put in the freezer. I bought a few apples too, so might try getting some of them on the dehydrator. Not really much hurry on that, though. They are still in good shape and will keep quite a while.

You all have a wonderful day.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 03:01:25 PM »
A lot needs done around here but im just not in the mood lol. I will do the dishes in a few and start dinner so we can go to football. Been looking for a job but after been at home with the kids for 10 yrs except odd and end jobs Im not even been looked at and Im not asking for anything but minimum wage grrr. And to make it better hubbys work said if the government shuts down then the USDA inspectors wont come in so his work will shut down, just wonderful!
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline Andrea G

• no better thing under the sun
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 03:30:23 PM »
Good afternoon.  I'm a little late in posting today, but it's been rather busy here today.  Started the day needing to go to the feed store because we were right out of broiler grower feed.  These guys sure do eat a lot.  Then I helped David cutting and stacking wood.  We don't have nearly enough cut but at least we have a good start on it.  This afternoon has been spent making salsa. I had a lot of the ingredients cut and frozen, but needed to chop the jalapenos and onions, so that took a while.  I will be so glad when canning season is over, but it is so worthwhile. :)

Winona, I never thought about cooking squash in the crockpot.  What an excellent idea, I am definitely going to try that!
Shelly, you sound really busy today.  Your dinner sounds good, I need to try making homemade chicken nuggets.
Janice, glad you get a little quiet time. :)
Norma, praying for you, remember that God is in control!

Hope everyone is having a great day! :)
Loving life in southern Ontario
Wife to David, Mom to Kate, Paul, Matt and Julianne

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 03:39:59 PM »
Thank you, yes if I have learned anything over the past year its that, God is in control.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline Leahsgarden

• doTERRA Essential Oils
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 04:19:46 PM »
Looks like I'm taking this nesting thing seriously now... make a pile of pillows and blankets into a cozy nest and snooze! ;)

Aside from sleeping, we got a form filled out and mailed; the rent and credit card have been paid; and we went out to lunch. Was going to go grocery shopping too, but decided it'd be more prudent to wait until tomorrow.

Lots of solo parenting for me this week, as Chris is slamming away at his thesis right now. If he doesn't finish it, he can't graduate. I don't know if it's "thoughtful" of me or not... but in my journal I did some thinking and questioning on how to handle another semester if he fails to finish his thesis in time. So at least if it does happen, I can have my thoughts and questions on how we proceed, where the money comes from, etc. I'm somebody who would rather know the ugly truth than keeping my head in the sand. :)

Logan is waking up from his nap, I'm tempted to go for a walk with the boys. Fresh air, work my hips so the baby will start engaging, say hi to Chris (his office is about half a mile away, we live on campus).
...Leah
wife to Chris
Mommy to Caleb, Logan, & Josie

Offline Rooney

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 09:15:19 PM »
Looks like I'm taking this nesting thing seriously now... make a pile of pillows and blankets into a cozy nest and snooze! ;)

Aside from sleeping, we got a form filled out and mailed; the rent and credit card have been paid; and we went out to lunch. Was going to go grocery shopping too, but decided it'd be more prudent to wait until tomorrow.

Lots of solo parenting for me this week, as Chris is slamming away at his thesis right now. If he doesn't finish it, he can't graduate. I don't know if it's "thoughtful" of me or not... but in my journal I did some thinking and questioning on how to handle another semester if he fails to finish his thesis in time. So at least if it does happen, I can have my thoughts and questions on how we proceed, where the money comes from, etc. I'm somebody who would rather know the ugly truth than keeping my head in the sand. :)

Logan is waking up from his nap, I'm tempted to go for a walk with the boys. Fresh air, work my hips so the baby will start engaging, say hi to Chris (his office is about half a mile away, we live on campus).
Is your husband getting his Phd to be a professor of something?  I didn't get the beginning of the story.

Offline Leahsgarden

• doTERRA Essential Oils
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 09:50:54 PM »
Nah, he's getting his Masters Degree. It's something he wanted to do since we've been married. He was hating his old job (high school teacher), we just finished paying off all our debts, we had a nice amount of savings, thanks to my mom... and we went for it. At that time, we only had Caleb. It does crack me up that we came here with one child and will be leaving with 3. :)

Our original time line was expecting him to graduate in May 2014. But to get the graduate assistant job, he needed to go from 6 to 9 units a semester. So he's actually ahead on the units, but behind on the thesis. He told me tonight he's going to turn it in at the end of the week whether it's done or not. He's just burning out so bad right now. :P

Thesis aside, Chris has discovered he has a real knack for teaching. He's not one to brag or feel superior for the most part, but the last couple of years have shown him that he does have strong teaching skills, and can do better than most of the professors on campus. Admittedly, a lot of the professors prefer the research side of things, not teaching.
...Leah
wife to Chris
Mommy to Caleb, Logan, & Josie