Author Topic: Tuesday, May 24, 2016  (Read 884 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Tuesday, May 24, 2016
« on: May 24, 2016, 08:29:53 AM »
Good Morning, everyone,

Where is everyone? It's amazing what a night of rest can do to a body that is so overwhelmed and busy.  I can't say I slept well, but I rested well. Life is crazy busy at our home with everyone home and each of them has such busy schedules that we are on the move from 6 am to whenever we fall into bed at night. This will get better as we develop our routines. I guess I was spoiled to only have a household of three during the school year and now we're up to a family of six!

MIL sent over a tater tot casserole yesterday and it was perfect for the family. Tonight we have teriyaki meatballs on homemade buns. I also have odds and ends around to use up so I'll make a small pot of cheese broccoli soup and possibly a small pot of thai curry soup. It will be kind of strange to have soup when our temps are in the 80s but I have the stuff to use up.

We feel like we're doing laundry everyday but that is how it is for now and hopefully that will calm down too as we develop a routine.

The warm, sunshine outside is glorious and very much welcome. I hope to enjoy some this afternoon after work. Hope you all have a nice day.

Alice

Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Tuesday, May 24, 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 08:41:11 AM »
Good morning!

A lovely day outside!

I've been paying bills, balancing the checkbook and ensuring that all bills have been scheduled on my calendar.  I got a new computer about 2 months ago and some bills hadn't been put in the new calendar yet.

Today I will put away the last 2 loads of laundry from yesterday, wash the sheets and iron.  I will continue with trip prep.  If I have time, I'd like to get out in the yard and do some work.

I have the twins and football carpool.  No soccer practice tonight.

Dinner is fish, red beans and rice, fruit and salad.

Have a great day!

Merilee

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 12:42:56 PM »
Good Afternoon

I am with you on the busy times!! Yesterday we planted 650 trees and the kids went to a branding. I worked on yardwork. Mainly pulling weeds. I planted some asparagus in a old water trough I brought up. I brought up another one but I need help getting the top off to fill it with dirt. I need my lawn mower put back together with the parts but I don't know how to do it.  I have laundry going for 5th time today but need at least 2 more loads just to get by.  That is everyday. Our 1st load of the day starts of with 7 pairs of VERY dirty jeans! Ross has been spraying crops. I took a horse trailer of old cows and a bull to the sale and ran a couple errands and picked up a shuttle of spray to keep Ross going. Kids are sorting cows. I need to start getting some freezer meals together for when I am gone to Omaha with Lane in 2 weeks. He will stay a week and do EEG tests while there to get an answer. Waiting for Dr to call back with Ashleys MRI results.  This morning I spent time just paying bills and some bookwork. I came back over to computer to finish.  I need to get out these graduation cards. ugh My next project is use up rhubarb and freeze the rest. I have some frozen fruit cups I need to finish and get in freezer for a summer treat.  Kids just called and need some help with cows.

Later
Janice

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 12:48:47 PM »
My busy days don't even compare to yours, Janice! You're probably the busiest woman I have ever "known". Not sure I could do what you do. :)

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats