Author Topic: Monday, June 6, 2016  (Read 665 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Monday, June 6, 2016
« on: June 06, 2016, 06:09:06 AM »
Welcome to Monday!

It looks like a start to a nice week. The temps. have dropped a bit and the humidity is gone. I'm sure it will be back sometime this summer. It was a pretty nice weekend. 

I woke up Sunday morning with a bit of a rash on the left side of my face and my son had some of the same rash on his arms.  I've had this before but I don't know for sure what is causing this. I have also had it on my legs. The dr. visits in the past all want to say that I was exposed to poison ivy or something outside but I know that was never the case. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with pollen and it must be an allergy of some sort. I've tried creams and the only thing that maybe does a little bit is allergy tablets. Not totally but it does seem to dry it up a bit. It's not super itchy but a little bit. It kind of reminds me a bit like a heat rash. I hope it doesn't get worse.

We been really eating through a lot of food with six adults this summer. I make one big meal per day and they eat the rest for lunches the next day. We home cook everything and we're managing although we do run out of milk, yogurt, and fresh stuff very quickly. We are not eating a lot of breads and I suppose that is good and healthy. I had some store bought frozen bread in the freezer but when we take it out to use, it starts to get moldy within about two days. I think I'll discontinue the store-bought stuff and go back to making my own bread which seems to last longer and we're more inclined to eat that.

The laundry though is another story. I think the dirty laundry bin is full all the time. We pretty much do laundry everyday. Poor hubby has to do most of it since he is home all day.  Therapy? Yes. All the kids donated their leftover bottles of laundry detergent to the "mom's laundry service" when they returned home from college so there is plenty of detergent! My son is very good about helping with the laundry as well since he is home during the day before he has class at night and works in the afternoons.

My son is also a very good dish washer. I have a dishwasher but I only use it about once per week and then we handwash the rest. He is quick to ask if he can help and does a very good job.

I am not sure of what dinner will be tonight. I grilled porkchops on Saturday and had leftovers and we had chicken yesterday with leftovers but by the time I get home tonight those leftovers will probably be eaten as someone's lunch today. I don't mind that at all since I would rather they not go to fast food to get something. If the leftovers are gone, we'll probably have BBQs or something like that.

That's it for today. Have a wonderful day!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Monday, June 6, 2016
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 06:56:19 AM »
Good morning!

I'm back from vacation!  We went to Southern California and had a wonderful time!  It was so nice--temperatures in the 70s all week and we were staying at a place right by the ocean so we always had ocean breezes.  It was wonderful!

So today's our first day of summer vacation at home.  Jordan has football workouts at 8 am M-H.  Steven will drop him off on his way to work, then I will pick him up when he's done.  He's not 100% sure what time that will be but is figuring it will be similar to last year, which was about 10:30 am. That's the only thing scheduled for today.

I am thinking that we will spend mornings doing the housework, etc. and then afternoons are for fun.  Right now my plan is that MWF we will go swimming, T will be library day, and H will be park day.  I also want to go on kid-friendly hikes on Fridays.  Last year I came up with the idea of doing Mommy Camp.  Each week will have a theme and then we'll have various activities related to that activity.  I'm going to try to keep the kids from spending their entire summers in front of a screen.

Today my main housekeeping goal is to get the house cleaned up.  We've still got some unpacking and cleaning up to do from the trip.  Today's Monday so it's laundry day.  We did get the vacation laundry done but there are one or two small loads that need to be done.

I'm working on the June menu, and will shop in my freezer when I get that done.  I'm planning to grill some extra chicken and maybe steaks tonight to keep in the fridge for lunch leftovers. 

Hope you all have a good day!  I enjoyed my vacation a lot and I'm also glad to be home!  ;D

Merilee