Author Topic: Friday, June 3, 2016  (Read 716 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Friday, June 3, 2016
« on: June 03, 2016, 07:25:54 AM »
Good Morning!

It's Friday! It's also my dad's 85th birthday. We're going to take him and mom out for dinner tonight with three of my four brothers and our spouses. I warned the kids that they are on their own tonight! Will they cook or will they go out?! I hope they try their hand at cooking since they need to learn when two of them move into apartments in August.

We're trying to save more this month and spend less. We're not spendy people to begin with but we have a lot of bills headed our way. We already had a lot of UNEXPECTED bills the month of May and now comes the EXPECTED ones for June and July. We purchased a lot of items we ran out of in May so June we're doing just about everything from a frugal and extra frugal standpoint.

We're hanging all the laundry outside to line dry so that saves a bit of money. We had the AC on for a few days but now that the humidity has decreased we have turned it off. We filled the freezer with chicken and ground beef a week or so ago so we're pretty well all set with meat for the summer. We had a very good roast beef in the crockpot last night and now I wish I could make pork roasts taste like a roast beef! I have a lot of pork roasts in the freezer.

I do need a new electric skillet and large frying/sautee pan but I'm not in a hurry for that right now. If I find a good deal or have a coupon, I might consider the purchase sooner than later. I was entertaining the purchase of an InstantPot but I have to put that thought to rest since I just can't afford it right now. I really don't need the "quickness" that this would offer. Maybe sometime in the future. My 31 year old crockpot works just fine so I'll keep using that. I also have a 24 year old bread machine that works fine so I'll be happy with that for now.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Friday, June 3, 2016
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 02:12:32 PM »
Hi Alice and any who might check in this afternoon/evening.

We have another busy day and weekend.

Festival of the Arts downtown.  We will be down there tonight and again Sunday as our son is performing.  We also have a few graduation parties to get to tomorrow.  And the Local First festival is happening, so we will hit that as well tomorrow.

Busy stuff, but fun stuff!  Kind of the way I am liking my life right now! 

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25