Author Topic: Freezer Meals (again)  (Read 1899 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Freezer Meals (again)
« on: June 09, 2016, 08:49:29 AM »
It's been crazy around my house trying to keep my group fed. I think I need to go back to freezer meals. I feel like I'm running ragged coming up with something everyday and trying to make it happen in under an hour. I guess I need to prepare a bunch of things and have them ready in the freezer. I never had a tater tot casserole in the frozen form before but MIL brought a frozen one over and said to bake it on low for two hours. That turned our quite well so I think that is the first thing on my list.

Do you know of any other frozen to oven casseroles? I'd love to hear from you.

How about breakfast tortillas with scrambled egg in them? Can they be fully prepared and then frozen?

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Freezer Meals (again)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 10:55:01 AM »
If you are talking about "breakfast burritos", then yes, I have made a bunch of them up ahead of time and kept them in the freezer. I have also done homemade egg mcmuffins and frozen as well.  They seem to work pretty well.

Here is a link to some freezer meals that you can pre make and then pop in the crockpot.

http://www.gracefullittlehoneybee.com/12-easy-freezer-meals-2-hours/

If you are on pinterest at all, you can do a search for make ahead freezer meals and tons come up.  If not, maybe google would be your friend!

Good luck!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 04:32:55 AM »
Would it be possible for any of the kids to start dinner for you?  Perhaps you could all do prep work the night before, say while you are all cleaning up after dinner, and then you would just have to throw everything together when you get home.  Another idea is to do most of your cooking on the weekend. My cousin preps all of her meals on Sunday.  Some things she just gets ready and puts in containers in the fridge so she can pull everything out and cook it the day she serves it.  Other meals, she cooks everything and then just reheats it on the day she eats it.

I second the Pinterest idea.  You can find a ton of freezer meal ideas and also crockpot meals.  There are many ideas where you prep everything, dump it in a ziploc bag and freeze it.  Then you just take it out of the freezer and put it in the crockpot the day you want it. 

Denise

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 04:51:17 AM »
I don't know how to do pinterest. I don't have facebook and I thought you had to have a referral for that. Also, most kids are just getting home from classes just minutes or just after I get home so they're no help. Another one is leaving for class and he could if he wasn't working such odd times.  I think I'll do prep stuff on the weekend.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 06:55:42 AM »
Alice - If you don't have Pinterest, you can just Google "freezer meals" or "weekend bulk cooking" and that should help.  Pinterest just puts everything in once place for you so you don't have to search as much.

Denise