Author Topic: Christmas 2016  (Read 8615 times)

Offline Cathie

Christmas 2016
« on: June 22, 2016, 04:58:17 AM »
Just wondering if anyone has gotten anything yet?

Offline Cathie

Re: Christmas 2016
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 05:02:54 AM »
I bought my mom a candy dish to go with her Winterberry dish set. 
That's it!
Pretty sad state this year. 
I need to sit down and get organized I think.

Offline Alana

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 07:38:08 AM »
I have picked up a few stocking stuffers for Alyssa. Lip glosses and some earrings that were on clearance.

I am normally much further ahead but our finances are no so good this year. I am already wondering how I will come up with some extra for the holidays  :(

I usually make some stuff as well. But I have start nothing yet.  I don't even have any ideas!
Loving the country life in Canada!
Married to Sean
Mom of Brandon 20, Joshua 16, Evan 14 & Alyssa 11
Daycare 'mom' to 5 toddlers

Offline Cathie

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 02:11:39 PM »
I hear you Alana!
Sometimes what we would like to happen just doesn't - I feel your pain

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 04:37:19 PM »
nope... we'll buy from Amazon right after Thanksgiving and have them shipped directly to people.. or us for the boys gifts.

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 06:39:32 PM »
WHAT????  Christmas is going to come AGAIN this year????

I actually ordered a cute tote/beach bag with a mermaid on it for one of my son's girlfriend yesterday.  So, yeah, I think I have a handle on this!!  LOL!!

We get a ton of freebies from businesses that I keep in a tote and use for stocking stuffers, so that is starting to accumulate a little bit. 

I really need to think on this and come up with some ideas.  Nobody in my life really needs "stuff", so I am hoping to be more minimalistic this year.

Get at it Girls!!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alana

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 06:07:53 AM »
I hear you Alana!

Thanks Cathie!!

I am such a planner I find it very hard to not having everything organized  :-\

I did manage to pick up some really nice Christmas gift packs from bath and body works let night! They were 75% off!! 
I got one for Alyssa and one for my mom. So I have started!!  At least that's something  ;)
Married to Sean

Offline Cathie

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 08:34:37 AM »
I hear you Alana!

Thanks Cathie!!

I did manage to pick up some really nice Christmas gift packs from bath and body works let night! They were 75% off!! 
I got one for Alyssa and one for my mom. So I have started!!  At least that's something  ;)

Good for you!
You are ahead of me 😂

I am hoping to start my list and start making a plan of action to get somethings done.
Money is going to be tight so I don't want to wait till the end and then really feel it.

Offline Alana

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2016, 10:18:55 AM »
I hear you Alana!

Thanks Cathie!!

Good for you!
You are ahead of me 😂

I am hoping to start my list and start making a plan of action to get somethings done.
Money is going to be tight so I don't want to wait till the end and then really feel it.

I really need to start a list too!!  We have drastically cut down on who we buy for so that has helped a great deal. It's really just the kids and they are all a bit older so they understand that the budget doesn't allow for much this year. I would like to try to make something for my parents and my brother this year but I have no idea what to do. I usually do up a big basket of baking for my brother. He is single and he loves that!  Not sure what else to do yet. Maybe I will wander around Pinterest and see if I can get any ideas 😄
Married to Sean

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2016, 08:43:00 AM »
Just saw that today is "National Leon Day".  I was kind of "okay - what the heck is that??"

So I looked it up and had a mild panic attack.  LOL!!  (At least it was mild!!)

"NATIONAL LEON DAY
National Leon Day marks June 25th as 6 months away from Christmas day.  Leon is Noel spelled backward and is a day some crafters begin planning their homemade gifts and decorations.  It can also be a day for those who miss the winter holidays to have a mini winter celebration in June.

HOW TO OBSERVE
Crafters, get your hot glue guns ready! Start planning your ugly sweaters now to beat the crowds! Use #NationalLeonDay to share on social media."

Just thought you all would love to celebrate!!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alana

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2016, 05:33:20 AM »
Just saw that today is "National Leon Day".  I was kind of "okay - what the heck is that??"

So I looked it up and had a mild panic attack.  LOL!!  (At least it was mild!!)

"NATIONAL LEON DAY
National Leon Day marks June 25th as 6 months away from Christmas day.  Leon is Noel spelled backward and is a day some crafters begin planning their homemade gifts and decorations.  It can also be a day for those who miss the winter holidays to have a mini winter celebration in June.

HOW TO OBSERVE
Crafters, get your hot glue guns ready! Start planning your ugly sweaters now to beat the crowds! Use #NationalLeonDay to share on social media."

Just thought you all would love to celebrate!!
Pam

Oh dear!!  6 months left!!  I had better get started!!   :o
Married to Sean

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2016, 10:31:15 PM »
I had to go look in the starting early post lol. I had posted there on Jan 22nd what I had picked up already. I'll just copy it here lol.

Today I picked up 3 xmas gifts. Found the neck warmers filled with buckwheat and lavender for both the girls for $9.98. I do make the wheat bags but by the time you add in my time and the materials can't beat this price.

Also found 2 pairs of fleece pj pants that Zachary lives in when home lol. They were regular $30. on sale for $9.88 ea.

They are marked in my book so I don't forget what I have and put away in a tote.

Since then I have picked up 2 "pig" bag clips for Miranda that I found for $1. Also found a "bulldog" small notepad for Alana for $1.50.

6 months eh, guess I better get in gear lol. I'm off for the summer now so that makes it tough but I'll still keep my eyes open for good deals.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 10:33:11 PM by sbdriver »
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline Alana

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2016, 06:40:07 AM »
I finally sat down and wrote my lists yesterday. I didn't buy anything but at let I feel like I am a bit more organized with what I am looking for!!

It's a start  ;D
Married to Sean

Offline Cathie

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2016, 08:48:37 PM »
Laurie good for you!

Alana that's awesome.  I need to make my list still 😂

Offline Proudmama