The Hearth > Managing a Household

Monday, September 30, 2013

(1/2) > >>

wrancher:
Good Morning!

wrancher:
Off to haul some hay before I  go in for DS football game tonight. Laundry and dishes going should be able to switch loads of clothes around. DH is custom planting at neighbors so all is pretty quiet with the kids at school. DD has basketball practice otherwise a normal night. We will have ribs tonight I griled last night. I have 1 more rack to go on but have to be here like 4 hrs so probably wont start that. Well lots of walking today as my bales are all scattered out so better go get laundry and coffee (my favorite part) and get going

Have a great day my friends!

Janice

Shelly:
Good morning!

It's a beautiful sunny day here in Utah.  I've got a lot on my list as we all had colds last week and I let things slide a little bit. 

So far today I have:
emptied the dishwasher and reloaded it
scrubbed the cat fountain
washed and dried a load of laundry
scrubbed the kitchen table
played lots with the kids  :)

On my list to do:
vacuum
clean 3 litter boxes
scrub out gucky fridge drawer
clarify and can grape juice
wash 2 more loads and dry and FOLD and PUT AWAY  ;D
diapers
pick an area that's bugging me and clean/organize/give away stuff from there

Dinner tonight will be homemade chicken nuggets (new recipe from my cousin) and homemade tatortots with peas and carrots

Have a great day!!!

MoWin:
Good afternoon,

I had to take the car in to the station today. We had a screw in one tire and the front end was wobbling on another tire. The repairman said one of the front tires had a high spot on it. He rebalanced it and said if that didn't do it we would have to have new tires put on.  :( That is an expense we were not counting on just before winter.  :'(  He fixed the tire with the screw. Thirty five dollars later I think it is a bit better, but will let Kevin make that call. Always something.  ::)

I have some housework to get done, then hope to finish the quilting on my SIL's fall quilt. Kevin wants me to boil him some eggs. I need to sweep, mop, and dust. Already got the trash carried out. Then just a few more things to do. I may put a spaghetti squash in the crock pot. That works so good. Just stab a few holes with a knife in the squash. Put it in the crock pot. Add 1 1/2 cups water and cook on low for about 8 hours. It is so much easier to do them this way and you get every bit of the squash right down to the skin. Very easy to cut in half after cooking and the seeds just spoon out easily. Kevin really likes spaghetti squash.  :D

I kind of miss the ducks, but it is a relief to have them gone at the same time. Sure made it quiet around here in the mornings. Until one of my young chickens gets old enough to crow, we don't even have a rooster crowing.  :-\ 

I have a few more tomatoes to work up. I'll probably just puree them and put in the freezer. I bought a few apples too, so might try getting some of them on the dehydrator. Not really much hurry on that, though. They are still in good shape and will keep quite a while.

You all have a wonderful day.

Blessings,
Winona

fishermanwife:
A lot needs done around here but im just not in the mood lol. I will do the dishes in a few and start dinner so we can go to football. Been looking for a job but after been at home with the kids for 10 yrs except odd and end jobs Im not even been looked at and Im not asking for anything but minimum wage grrr. And to make it better hubbys work said if the government shuts down then the USDA inspectors wont come in so his work will shut down, just wonderful!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version