Author Topic: Spaghetti sauce into Pizza Sauce  (Read 1579 times)

Offline Rooney

Spaghetti sauce into Pizza Sauce
« on: June 24, 2016, 02:00:47 PM »
Hey girls!  Quick question.  Tonight is pizza night at our house and I just realized I am out of the pizza sauce I normally use and only have tomato/basil pasta sauce.  What is your best trick to make the spaghetti sauce taste like pizza sauce?  We aren't real picky, just want it to taste similar. ;) TIa

Offline Cheryl

Re: Spaghetti sauce into Pizza Sauce
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 02:48:10 PM »
We're having pizza tonight and I'm using leftover spaghetti sauce instead of making pizza sauce.  With mine, I am thinking of adding a bit of sugar because the sauce I usually make is sweeter than this.  I might add a little garlic powder or seasonings too.  Just season it a little and taste as you go.  My family isn't very picky either.  It's all good with the toppings and cheese. ;D
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Rooney

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 03:01:54 PM »
Thanks, Cheryl.  I'll try adding the sugar, but unfortunately I am out of most all Italian seasonings.  I guess if all else fails, more cheese and maybe they won't notice.  Either way, pizza night must go on, or Mom won't be very popular around here. ;)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 02:09:46 PM »
I'm a little late now but I always use spaghetti sauce in place of pizza sauce just as it is. We find it isn't very different. I have half a jar to use up also so that is going on the meal plan for Monday.  I would imagine you could dress it up any way you want--italian seasoning, garlic, basil and it could be more like pizza sauce.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats