Author Topic: Tuesday, July 12, 2016  (Read 793 times)

Offline wrancher

Tuesday, July 12, 2016
« on: July 12, 2016, 06:51:50 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Tuesday, July 12, 2016
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 07:03:46 AM »
Heading out to finish baling straw with Ashley. It has been a whirlwind around here.  We are done harvesting wheat, entertained cousins from out of state. Took some family pictures in wheat field. A million things but all good. I need to go to city 1 of these days to pick up side by side and run some errands. I borrowed my parents weed eater and after I return it now the bottom is off. I need to order a new one for them. I feel bad. That's why I hate borrowing. I need to finish mowing the other yards. My pump quit on my new swim pool. I called Walmart and they were like ok we will give u a refund. I am like it is a swim pool.  I have a ton of water in it and it is all set up I just need the pump. No we can't do that. I am like I will call company first.  Ugh.

Better go check in later
Janice

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 07:15:30 AM »
Good morning!

Since I apparently will never sleep past 4:30 again, I decided to get a jump start on the laundry.  I was hanging out the first load not long after the sun came up.  It felt nice out there that early and made me almost wish for fall weather.  I don't know why my sleep is so off lately, but I really have a tough time.  At least I'm able to get some work done.  I have the third load of laundry in the washer and will hang it out in a bit. 

I went to the garden and picked nearly a peck of cherry tomatoes.  I like them on salads but that's a lot of little tomatoes!  I guess I'll make sauce with most of them.  Other than my usual house and garden work, I guess that's about all I have planned. 

Have a good day!

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 09:13:31 AM »
It surely is summer here in W. Michigan. Yesterday we had about 4 hours of gentle rain, then the afternoon temps went from a lovely 71 degrees to mid 80s all within about an hour or a little more. It was so hot last night in the upper 80s that it was sticky.

My Dad called late afternoon and wanted me to come pick beans. So we waited until about 6 pm and it was still hot, sticky and just plain difficult. But we did it. Six ice cream buckets full of lovely green beans. We snipped off all the ends, cut them in half and mom took what she wanted and I got the rest. I had about 4 ice cream buckets left after we snipped and cut them all. That's a lot of beans. I washed, parboiled and froze them all last night yet before bed.

Today will be in the high 80s and maybe even 90s and I think the next 7 days will all be in the 80s. A little rain scattered in there but not much.

Hubby turned on the AC which he rarely does but getting a good nights sleep is so important so we can work well-rested the next day. Meals aren't a big affair these days as I just have no energy to cook in the warmth. Quick and easy is what I tell everyone. Mostly the kids eat at work where a meal is provided and one daughter is in an orientation this week so her meals are provided there so it's just me and hubby and he eats later in the evening when he comes home from work. I have some leftovers so that should be good for tonight.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats