Author Topic: Monday, July 25, 2016  (Read 782 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Monday, July 25, 2016
« on: July 25, 2016, 08:34:23 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Monday, July 25, 2016
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 08:44:13 AM »
Wow, I haven't posted in a while.  It's been busy but also hot and I just don't feel motivated to do much.  My house is showing it so I've got to tell myself that I can move slower but there's still work to be done!

This week is forecast to be solid 100* temperatures.  Ugh.  So I am going to try to do outside work in the mornings while it's still cool and then do inside projects in the afternoon when it's hot.  There will be lots of grilling and salads this week!  :)

Today's work:  My house needs to be picked up--especially the family room.  I've got a bunch of stuff that needs to be moved to their storage bins in the shed.  Laundry to put away and to do.  I'm watering the lawn right now.  I've got a meeting at 10 that will probably be 2 hours.  Lots of other little things to do.

Have a good day and stay cool!
Merilee

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 09:17:03 AM »
Good Morning

Back from vacation.  Now where to start.  I have laundry going and fixing to start with both sets of washers going with the rental unit.  I cant wait to have a good home cooked meal. I am going to make Stromboli for lunch and casserole for supper.  I need to get started making the bread. 

Vacation was great.  We did Glacier, got some flathead cherries from a stand fresh picked( Ross was like do you want to do the u pick, I said we better do the u buy verison), visited Ross' relatives for 2 days.  Then we went on and went through bitterroot valley. Saw his sister and family. We went to do Lewis and Clark Caverns but it would have taken 3 hours so we went on and went white water rafting.  We went through Yellowstone and saw old Faithful at night. We went through the Buffalo Bill museum in Cody.  We went on and saw Ross nephew and went out to the dude ranch where he works. He gave us 2 elk sheds. We saw devils tower twice.  We sent kids home with pickup and Ross and I stayed and cleaned up the motorhome we rented and got home around 10:30. 

I need to head out and mow, weed eat and water. Ross and kids are getting in bulls and checking everything out. 

I need to run into town to run some errands this afternoon.  Good to be back but now it is time to get stuff lined up for kids for school.  Today  is Lanes 16th birthday! I need to make a special cake. Maybe he will have some friends over.

Coffee time
Janice

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 11:07:09 AM »
I mirror Merilee - haven't posted in a while, it's hot, house needs attention!

Janice sounds like a really nice trip!  Hope the birthday celebration is fun!

Like I said: as for me - it's HOT!!!!  And I have a long to do list.  Motivation is low, but I need to get moving!

Hubby and I are saving our walk for later tonight.  Probably after dark in a local park.  It is well lit, and maybe the heat will have subsided by then somewhat.  I need to get out and move though.  Haven't been in a few days because of the temps.

Guess I had better get busy.  Son's girlfriend gave us a HUGE zucchini, and I need to find some good recipes to use it up!

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 12:49:55 PM »
Same here--it's quite warm but it is about 10 degrees cooler than yesterday!

I had no housework to do on Saturday. Hubby and kids did all the laundry on Friday including the bedding and towels! I had to get groceries on Friday night and then bread baking early Sat. morning, a visit to parents, then a stop at Bed, Bath and Beyond to get two kids/young adults birthday presents for this week and next. Took family out for birthday ice cream Sat. night, had all meals in the cool A/C home and same for Sunday with meals inside cool A/C home. Really a nice weekend! Church on Sunday was very wet and rainy in the morning but the evening was sunny and stifling heat as we walk to church. Today is really my son's birthday but we celebrated all weekend since today everyone would be scattered for most of the day.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats