Author Topic: Wednesday, July 27, 2016  (Read 604 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Wednesday, July 27, 2016
« on: July 27, 2016, 06:04:30 AM »
Good Wednesday morning,

I remember early this spring posting about how expensive the summer would be as every summer is. We expect the same bills every summer and they seem daunting every year. So here we are at the end of July and I have paid all but one bill so far. The last one (for the summer anyway!) is due in early September. God is good and always provides.

Kids are done with summer classes and are now prepping for the new school year while my oldest plans to move to Honduras on Aug. 10 to teach. Family dynamics are changing quickly and we’ll be empty nesters for a while.

We’ve eaten well with grocery deals and freezer diving all summer.  Our budget for food will go way down since two of us don’t eat that much so we’ll be down to hopefully less than $20 a week!  Last night we had a cheap cut of steak on the grill. I marinated it and it was still fairly good. Tonight will be steak leftovers turned into tostados and whatever leftovers there are the refrigerator.

That’s it for me! How is everyone?

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline wrancher

Re: Wednesday, July 27, 2016
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 02:05:25 PM »
Yes, Alice, God is sooo Good!!!

We are in the midst of fall shots for calves. I ran some errands today in town and back with vaccine and all we needed to work calves.  They just left to do 1 bunch right now.  More tomorrow. We will have lots of help around tomorrow so I am fixin to start the cooking. I bought a lug of peaches in town (20.99 for our small town, they said a lady bought 15 cases yesterday, ouch) and am fixin to make peach pies for freezer and tomorrow.  My neighbors recipe is so easy with just simple ingredients, no cream but tastes like cream.  I am also going to make a hand held bun with meat in cheese baked inside.  I stayed back also because we have some people getting grass clippings so I need to be here.  I need to do a straighten up of house real quick not to bad and finish 1 more load of laundry. If I don't do 4 loads a day we are in trouble! I need to do some bookwork tonight or in the morning.  Ross and I went over to a neighbors to visit last night so I still need to help Megan with classes. I am on a roll of wanting to can more.  The next thing I want to try is on youtube. Lindas pantry is one of my favorites and she canned a spaghetti sauce with meat in it. I want to do that.  She puts dehydrated mushrooms in she buys. Where do you find dehydrated mushrooms?

Have a great day
Janice