Author Topic: Monday, August 8, 2016  (Read 769 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Monday, August 8, 2016
« on: August 08, 2016, 08:23:52 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Monday, August 8, 2016
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 08:31:31 AM »
Good morning!

Nice cool morning out there but it'll be hot later.  Not as hot as the recent almost-100* days that we've had recently.  It looks like the hottest part of the summer is over for us.  Yay!

Well, big things happening at our house this week!  We have a large willow tree in our front yard and 5 large cottonwoods in the backyard.  They've grown too tall, they're too big around, and too close to the fence.  In the backyard, the roots are coming out of the ground, creating a lot of trip hazards.  Not to mention that our sprinkler system is getting broken and it's hard to mow the lawn (what little of it is left). Plus the fence is getting ruined.   So this Wednesday, we have a crew coming to take them all out!  They'll cut down the trees, remove the debris, grind the stumps and remove the big roots coming out of the ground.  It'll be about a 3 day job.

They're bringing a bucket truck to help--those trees are BIG.  We need to move the garden boxes that are in the side yard.  So today's going to be spent digging out and transplanting the herb plants I have in one of the boxes then taking the boxes apart and spreading the dirt.  I haven't been successful in growing anything in those boxes--I think it was at least partly due to not enough sun.  Our neighbor had a tree that made the area too shady.  As part of the whole yard redevelopment project, we're going to move the garden so taking the boxes out is no big deal.

I got tomatoes, peppers, onions and jalapeņos for making salsa on Saturday.  I got the tomatoes ground and today I'll finish the salsa.  So I've got a canning project to do. 

Hopefully I'll get to the laundry today.  If not, we have enough to get through to tomorrow.

Have a good day!
Merilee

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 09:43:11 AM »
Good Morning Merilee and all

Merilee sounds like a great project to get done. Good luck!

I am doing some bookwork and working on a list for the city.  Tomorrow more appointments for kids. Eye, Orthodontist and dentist! Plus Ashley needs some more clothes for senior pictures. Have to do a Sams club run but trying to get it ordered online and pickup tomorrow. 

Fixin to run out and check some cows and do chicken chores. Also need to check Allison and Levis calves as they will be coming home today since being gone Thrusday evening with Ross' brothers family

I think we will have hamburgers for lunch and then I am gonna try making mock chicken fried steak out of the hamburger patties for supper.  I need to do the clean out in the walk in cooler. Not to much that needs used up I think but better check.  I need to do some cooking/baking around here. 

Have a great day
Janice

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 10:35:09 AM »
Good Monday Ladies!

Sounds like you have full days ahead!

I am home today.  Need to do some organizing and general cleaning.  I am also trying to plan a couple of trips we have coming up.  One to the upper Peninsular of Michigan, and one to Cooperstown New York for our 30th anniversary.  Just need to get some general ideas, and then also book lodging.  Hoping to not get too distracted on the computer, and actually get some things done.

We had such a busy weekend.  It is nice to be home even though I have so much to catch up on.

Friday night we had a wedding to go to.  Our middle son was the best man, so that was fun to see.
Saturday we had a family gathering across the state, so that was nice, but an all day affair being about 5 hours on the road in total.
Sunday we went about an hour away to a ballgame.  Our youngest has been added to a college league team roster, so we went to that.  That was all day as well.

Tonight we can actually eat dinner at home, and go for an after dinner walk.  Nice to slow down for a minute!

Hope everyone has a great day! 
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25