Author Topic: Tuesday, August 9, 2016  (Read 751 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Tuesday, August 9, 2016
« on: August 09, 2016, 09:23:09 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Tuesday, August 9, 2016
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 09:25:01 AM »
Good morning!

Got the garden boxes taken down and the dirt spread in preparation for the tree project.  Now the only thing left to do is weed the front flower bed and spread a few bags of mulch left over and those will be out of the way and we are set for tomorrow.

Today I'm taking the kids for school shopping.  I was going to do it tomorrow (my regular shopping day) then thought that maybe I'd better be at home for the tree guys so we're doing it today.

Never did get to laundry yesterday so that's on deck for this afternoon.

Hope you all have a good day!

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 10:48:01 AM »
Hope you find some great bargains school shopping!!

I have a minimalist day today.

Need to:
organize some paperwork. 
Unload dishwasher
Dust and Vacuum
Change and wash bedding
Watch the Olympic Gymnastics finals at 3:00 est

Not much else for me here. 
Big salads for dinner as tomorrow morning is my weigh in day at weight watchers.
Will probably go for a walk after dinner.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 11:08:32 AM »
It's starting to heat right up again.

We're in the last day of having our oldest daughter home and tomorrow she leaves for Honduras, that is, if Delta airlines can keep things moving right along! We had a weekend full of send-off activities for her and that was a LOT of things going on. Now packing for two years into two bags AND being a woman, we'll see how that all goes!

Then we have two weeks before the other kids move into their college apartments and then we'll have an empty nest. Oh, my! We had our three kids so close together that transitions are happening all at once too. I guess it will be quiet around the house. I'm not picking up any extra activities either for a while. Working FT is enough for now and my little volunteer activity will be just right for now. I also stop in by my parents a lot since they are elderly and so is my MIL. They keep me busy also.

Dinner will be a turkey roast with potato wedges tonight with cole slaw. I've intentionally decided not to do big shopping since kids are winding down their time at home. We'll eat from the freezer once again and try to move some of the stuff I had in there for their summer home. The college kids will be allowed to shop from my freezer all winter long as they try to cook meals for themselves. Grandpa grew lots of green beans and carrots that we froze so the kids may take what they want from the freezer. I make jam and bake bread so they may take that also.

That's it for today.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats