Author Topic: Thursday, September 22, 2016  (Read 707 times)

Offline Cheryl

Thursday, September 22, 2016
« on: September 22, 2016, 07:23:20 AM »
Good morning!

I have a busy day ahead of me, so wanted to check in before I started running around.

I have laundry to catch up on, beds to strip and remake, school with Emily, and take her to art this afternoon. 

It's supposed to be fall, but you'd never know it by the weather.  It is so hot and dry here.  I can't even remember the last time it rained.  I love rainy days, so this has been an extra tough summer for me!  I am ready for a change.  Even though it's in the 90s, I am fixing hashbrown soup for supper tonight.  I'll use my crock pot so it won't heat up the kitchen much.

Well, guess I need to get busy.  Have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Thursday, September 22, 2016
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 07:58:29 AM »
Good Morning Cheryl and all who may follow.

I have a very low key day ahead. Sometimes, I think this kind of day is more frustrating than a busy full day. At least when you have a lot to do and get done, you have direction, and purpose. On days like today, I feel lost. I'm sure there is plenty I could do, but nothing I really HAVE to do. It can cause me to flounder the day away. So, my first goal is to make a list of things I can work on.

I am hoping to get at least one good walk in today. Either on my own, or maybe later with hubby. I do know my stairway steps need to be swept. I will get on that as soon as I get off here.

Dinner is the burgers and oven baked fries that didn't happen last night due to hubby working late. He ended up having leftover chicken stir fry when he got home late last night. I finished off the taco salad that was leftover. At least we used up some things that we already had.

Hope everyone has a great day! Hope you can stay on top of your tasks today Cheryl!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Thursday, September 22, 2016
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 08:08:24 AM »
Good morning and happy first day of fall!

Definitely getting fall weather today!  It's cloudy and won't get much above 70* today.  Rain is forecast for the afternoon.

Today's a short day at school because there's no school tomorrow--teacher comp day for parent teacher conferences.  Nathan's going to a birthday party this afternoon and Jordan has his football game this evening.

I'm just going to spend today puttering and getting things done.  I made a "brain dump" list yesterday of things I want to accomplish through the weekend so I'll just work on that.

It's a great day for soup, so I'm going to make country potato chowder and biscuits.

Merilee