Author Topic: Friday, September 23, 2016  (Read 611 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Friday, September 23, 2016
« on: September 23, 2016, 07:21:49 AM »
Good morning and happy fall!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Friday, September 23, 2016
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 07:30:18 AM »
Well, fall sure arrived with a statement!  Most of the day yesterday was nice and sunny and the air and breeze were cool. We had some showers during the day.   I went to Jordan's football game at 5:30 and the sky was pretty cloudy.  We had a few sprinkles and once I thought rain was going to start falling steadily so I put up my umbrella.  Game was over about 6:45, we went to my brother's house (he lives in a condo complex right next door to the high school) so Jordan could take a shower before going to another high school to see his best friend perform in a dance concert, and during the 20 or so minutes we were there, rain started pouring down.  Continued for quite awhile, if not all night.

I saw on the news also that two tornadoes touched down in two different areas.  This is Utah--we NEVER get tornadoes.  I'm a born-and-bred Utahn and the only other one I've ever heard of was in August of 1999.  That created some excitement.

Weather is still cloudy and rain is forecast for today. 

No school today because of teacher comp day due to parent teacher conferences.  Alex and Nathan have a birthday party to go to at 10:30. I have a meeting at 10:45.  At 3, Jordan and I need to be at the high school to prep for the varsity football game.  In between all this running around I'll work on my to do list.  For sure I need to get laundry put away, laundry done, house picked up, van cleaned out, food storage organized and put away, bills checked/paid and some food stuff done.

Dinner today will be the soup I never got around to making last night. :)

Have a great weekend!

Merilee