Author Topic: Monday, October 10, 2016  (Read 714 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Monday, October 10, 2016
« on: October 10, 2016, 07:13:12 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Monday, October 10, 2016
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 07:18:44 AM »
Good morning!

I had quite a busy week last week!  I was working a contract job with the company I work for occasionally and we were working 10-11 hour days.  When you work in film, your workday doesn't end until all scenes have been filmed, even if you have to work 12 hours!  So very little homemaking was going on last week.  Alex had his 8th birthday (his party was on Saturday), Jordan had football games and Alex and Nathan played their final soccer games for the fall season.  All in all, a very busy week.  ;D

My to do list is a mile long because of that.  Today's must-dos are: pick up house, do laundry, pay bills, make October menu, clean out van, get oil change, and work on plans for a church activity on Saturday.  I'd also like to get started on cleaning up the garage so we can park the other car inside.  We're getting frost in the mornings and it would be nice not to have to plan an extra 10 minutes in the morning for windshield defrosting.  ;D  There are a LOT more things I need to get done and I will work on them as I can, but what I've listed here is what NEEDS to be done today.

The weather has been quite pleasant.  We're still having warm days (around 70*) and nights are quite chilly.  The leaves are changing and so is the light.  It's just a beautiful time of year and I am excited for the upcoming holiday season.

Hope you all have a great day!
Merilee

Offline Cheryl

Re: Monday, October 10, 2016
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 09:28:18 AM »
Good morning!

This is my favorite time of the year.  Cooler temperatures, blue, blue skies, and no humidity! :D

We have our usual housework and homeschooling day.  We decided not to take a break for Columbus day like the public schools around us did.  Of course that means the neighborhood kids will probably be knocking on my door wanting Emily to come outside with them. 

I have bread dough rising and a big pot of peanuts boiling.  We love to snack on boiled peanuts!  After school, housework, and cooking/baking, I believe I'll spend some time reading.  Have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn