Author Topic: Wednesday, October 12, 2016  (Read 764 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Wednesday, October 12, 2016
« on: October 12, 2016, 06:35:32 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Wednesday, October 12, 2016
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 06:42:16 AM »
Good morning!

Yesterday was kind of a wash as far as productivity goes.  I did get a few things done but nowhere as much as I would have liked.  Oh, well.

I volunteered for Nathan's class the whole 3 hours he was there.  I must have run a couple thousand copies for the teacher but at least her sight word writing practice papers are done. The Pinewood Derby was fun.  We had a good time.

EDIT:  I ran copies for both kindergarten teachers, both of whom teach 2 classes.  So a couple thousand copies was for 2 teachers and 4 classes.  Don't think ONE teacher needed that many papers!   ;D

Today is my grocery shopping day.  I will do that while Nathan is in school.  Then this afternoon I'll work around the house.  Jordan has his final sophomore football game at 3:30, then tonight is the FAFSA application night.  I need to gather the information about that.  I've been reading everything I can about the application and process so hopefully we'll do it right.

Dinner tonight will be red potato soup, bread of some kind, salad and fruit.  I have everything for the soup so I can make it ahead of time and it'll just need to be warmed up for when people are ready to eat.

Our weather is bouncing all over the place.  It'll be a bit cooler today than yesterday, but then tomorrow and Friday it'll be a little warmer, then cools off again for a few days. 

Merilee
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 08:33:22 AM by 4kidsmom »

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 06:49:36 AM »
My days seem to be very short. What I mean is that late afternoons/evenings are very short. After work, I have very little time to get anything done outside before it gets dark. Yesterday, I put away sprinklers hoses and anything else that is used for outside maintenance. I had to blow the hoses out first and that all took time. I then had to replace a brake light on my van but I needed to watch a youtube video first on how to do it. Then I grilled some meat on my grill that is for sure on its last legs. It took me 10 minutes to get it to light up. I really need a new grill. By then, it was dark so my outside activities were also done.

Tonight I need to mow the lawn and leaves. This is just the beginning of a lot of leaf work for the next 6- 8 weeks. Not looking forward to it since it is a lot of work.

I received my instant pot yesterday. I broke down and got one hoping it will help get me out of my meal making slump. Maybe tonight I'll try it out.

I didn't plan a thing for dinner tonight so we'll see what actually happens.

Alice

Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 09:40:36 AM »
Good Morning Ladies! (at least for a few more minutes!)

I went to my weight watchers meeting this morning, but skipped the walking and lunch that we usually do.  I am struggling with my feminine cycle. I had stopped for about 3 months, but started taking estroven for hot flashes, and I don't know if that kicked it into go again, or what, but here we are. And kind of with a vengeance! Heavy and crampy. So, I am just relaxing with a heating pad on.  :P  At least the hot flashes are gone!

So, today will be a kind of wait and see kind of day. There are things that could be done, but nothing that would be a big deal if it were put off for a bit.  Thankfully I am in a season of life, that I don't have a lot of "must do now" kind of things.

Hope everyone is getting things accomplished in your world!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 09:44:37 AM »
Pam, I'm in the exact same boat with you regarding the feminine stuff. My problem is the on/off/early/late/heavy/smelly/bloated stomach issues. I'm 53 (almost 54) and I'm sick of it all. I made a dr. appt. for later this month. I also am in that time of my life where I don't have to do anything if I don't want to. House stays clean for the most part, dinners can/should be as easy as I want them to be and laundry never piles up!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline wrancher

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 10:53:23 AM »
Good morning

I am here just been busy.  Between ball games and just the ranching stuff.  I don't see us being caught up for a while.  We have the majority of the calves sold privately but will deliver in 1 week on heifers and 2 weeks on steers.  So trying to get everything set up for that.  I was making good progress on hauling hay but the tires came off on the back.ugh  So waiting for it to be repaired in town.  My washer is still broke down and wont be fixed until 2 more weeks.  So mad.  I have to haul over to my other house and wash.  At least I have that.  Ashley has her 1st class tonight at the house after she gets out of school.  She is taking a college course on ranch management so will get credits for next year. Last night was meeting on financial aid.  Plus she wants to make appointments to tour colleges. ugh  Time is not on my side!! Allison has volleyball tomorrow and Saturday then she is done. Basketball practice starts Monday.  They need 10 practices in before tourney.  I am in from hauling some hay so now I am gonna sweep floors and get mail and switch laundry around.  There are about 1000 other things in between there but I will spare you. Ha  My chickens are really laying now! I need to put more straw in there.  Our weather is definitely cooler with freezing nights.  The chickens love when I pull plants and give them to them. Great way to compost and cheap feed. Ha   Better run

Have a good day
Janice