Author Topic: Liquid Eyeliner  (Read 2325 times)

Offline Rooney

Liquid Eyeliner
« on: October 28, 2016, 12:30:14 PM »
Was wondering if any of you experienced makeup appliers on here could give me some tips or good videos to watch on how to correctly and EASILY apply liquid eyeliner.  I never have worn much makeup and am finding it difficult to get it on right.  I feel like one of the kids coloring on the wall with a marker (like I shouldn't be doing it and it won't come off before anyone sees it ;D).  Need to know how to apply it so I don't look like I am a member of KISS. :)  I have watched a few you tubes on it but I am just not good at applying the entire eye makeup part, really. 

Mandy (the makeup expert) if you are out there...help.... or heck, just come over and put it on for me! ;) ;D  Anyone else who knows some simple tricks to help, would love to here them.

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
Re: Liquid Eyeliner
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 02:31:15 PM »
Liquid eyeliner is TOUGH! Don't feel bad :)

If you're going for just a regular old line, try pressing the liner sideways along your eyelid (if that makes sense), instead of trying to use the point to draw a line on.  Think press, not draw or drag.

If you're going for a cat or kitten flick, it gets a little tougher.  The nib of the liner should follow the natural shape/line that your lower lid takes.  Take a look at the angle at which it curves up to the outer corner, and imagine you're just continuing that line.  One trick is to take a piece of scotch tape and stick it on your outer eye following that same line, then use that sort of like painters tape :)  I've linked below one of the YouTubers I (on again/off again/sometimes) watch, and she's got a pretty good photo tutorial for the tape trick.

Let's see you with that liner, gorgeous!

M :)

http://amelialiana.com/2016/06/how-to-get-a-cat-eye-look-with-ysl-beauty/
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Rooney

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 08:04:07 AM »
Thanks Mandy! :)  To tell the truth, it isn't just the liquid liner, I am not good with the eye pencils either.  I'll try it the way you said.....but only if I am not leaving the house that day. ;)  I am starting to think I must be impaired in some way cause there is no way it can be this difficult to make it look right.  One of the things that bugs me is that I just can't see putting it along the inside of the bottom eyelid.  Would that not cause a clogged tear duct or something?

Thanks for the link.  Is there a video link on the site, because that one looks like a blog?

Liquid eyeliner is TOUGH! Don't feel bad :)

If you're going for just a regular old line, try pressing the liner sideways along your eyelid (if that makes sense), instead of trying to use the point to draw a line on.  Think press, not draw or drag.

If you're going for a cat or kitten flick, it gets a little tougher.  The nib of the liner should follow the natural shape/line that your lower lid takes.  Take a look at the angle at which it curves up to the outer corner, and imagine you're just continuing that line.  One trick is to take a piece of scotch tape and stick it on your outer eye following that same line, then use that sort of like painters tape :)  I've linked below one of the YouTubers I (on again/off again/sometimes) watch, and she's got a pretty good photo tutorial for the tape trick.

Let's see you with that liner, gorgeous!

No way, lady!  Are you needing a good laugh?!!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 08:43:51 AM »
I don't put my liner along the waterline either, usually, but only because it seems to come right off. I kind of rub it in right where my lashes are - not above or below.  It definitely just takes PRACTICE! As for the blog, I think that link was just a post, but Amelia Liana does have a YouTube channel with several videos, including some that show her 'cheat' cat eye technique.

XO
Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥