Author Topic: 45 Days Left  (Read 2565 times)

Offline Rooney

45 Days Left
« on: November 09, 2016, 12:50:27 PM »
I never have been one that liked to do any Christmas shopping until after Thanksgiving. One holiday at a time! :)  Matter of fact I really like black Monday online shopping to get started.  I did, however, get a couple of the kids some cute character shoes I got on sale a couple of weeks ago and some little organic lip balms for stocking stuffers.

Anyone else moving on this yet?

Offline pamgonzo

Re: 45 Days Left
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 12:59:00 PM »
I have picked up a few gifts along the way, but haven't really started to think in a planning sort of way as of yet.

Usually I have most of my shopping done by Dec. 1st or so. Have always had to meter it out in order to be able to pay for it all.

This year has gone so fast, that I am way behind any kind of "get it together" kind of situation!

In the next week or so, I will gather up what I have already, and make a plan of what to get people. Our boys are all grown, so they will mostly get gift cards and cash. None of us really NEED anything, so buying a bunch of "stuff" is just a waste really.  It is more helpful to them to have a gift card to grab dinner, gas or whatever than anything else.  Oldest son also flies home, so he has limited space to be able to transport things back with him.

Thanks for the reminder that it is time to think about it.  I like to make some kind of photo gift for the boys' girlfriends, so will need to get that pulled together soon.  Also need to order Christmas cards, and photo calendars for gifts.

Hope everyone feels good about where they are in the process!
Don't panic! ------ (yet)!!!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 10:22:28 AM »
I'm actually going to do some online shopping today. There are a few things the boys want that I'm not sure I can find in stores, so I want to make sure I get those early. Also, as I'm in stores, I want to buy gift cards for the teachers so I'm not rushing around later.

Only two handmade gifts on my list this year - crocheted scarves for my mom and DH. I already bought the yarn when it was on sale, so no shopping there.

This year, I am going to send Christmas cards. I did not mail any last year, but I know how much I like receiving them so I'm going to send them to family and friends. I have a few nice photos of all of the kids together that I took throughout the year, so I'll have to get prints made to include in the cards.

DH has asked for some baked goods this year, since I don't bake so much anymore.

Pam, the photo calendars are a good idea. I might think about those as gifts for the grandparents.

The days between Thanksgiving and Christmas just fly by, so it's time to get serious!

Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 03:21:00 PM »
I wanted to mention, that Kohl's will let you shop their black Friday sales on-line starting Monday the 21st. 

You can't get the "door-busters", those are only available in store, but you can purchase their other deals.

I have done this the past couple of years, and really saved quite a bit.

The sale ads are available now. Not sure if I had found it direct on kohls.com, or if I googles kohls black friday sales to find it. 

They are doing $15 in kohls cash for every $50 spent, so that is an added bonus as well.

I am hoping to get my list together this week, and figure out what else I need to buy so I at least have some kind of a plan!

Time to get serious is right Jennie!
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 06:41:08 PM »
I wanted to mention, that Kohl's will let you shop their black Friday sales on-line starting Monday the 21st. 

You can't get the "door-busters", those are only available in store, but you can purchase their other deals.

I have done this the past couple of years, and really saved quite a bit.

The sale ads are available now. Not sure if I had found it direct on kohls.com, or if I googles kohls black friday sales to find it. 

They are doing $15 in kohls cash for every $50 spent, so that is an added bonus as well.

I am hoping to get my list together this week, and figure out what else I need to buy so I at least have some kind of a plan!

Time to get serious is right Jennie!
Pam

Thanks for the heads-up on the Kohl's sale and the 15 back on 50!  We never let Kohl's cash go unused around here. :)  I am going to make Kohl's list in the coming days so I am ready if any of the items on my list go on sale on the 21st. ;)  If nothing else, I am hoping for the holiday outfits to be cheaper.

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 08:15:02 AM »
I have to amend the Kohls info:

It looks like even the door busters mostly are available on line starting Monday.  From what I could see the small print says available in store and on line. The only thing I'm not sure of is how the mail in rebates work. 

So, we will see how that goes.  I am making a list, and hoping that the items I choose are available and not "sold out" or unavailable when I shop.  Fingers crossed!
(love me some Kohl's cash too!!)   ;)

Pam 
Wife of 32 years

Offline Rooney

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 11:57:31 AM »
Thanks for the clarification, Pam! :)

Oddly enough, having almost nothing bought yet, I am thinking on stocking stuffers? ???  Might see if Dollar Tree has any fun stuff for that.