Author Topic: Thrusday, October 3, 2013  (Read 3108 times)

Offline wrancher

Thrusday, October 3, 2013
« on: October 03, 2013, 05:46:24 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Thrusday, October 3, 2013
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 06:05:00 AM »
It rained some in the night. The weather definitely changing. Oh my goodness! Just checked forecast and the next 3 days are rainy and snowy. Snow 1-2 during day tomorrow but tomorrow night 8-12". We are on the plains where we don't get as much as the hills but when we do it is a dosey!! ugh So Dh and I are moving cows around. I will unload freezer then go to neighbors and get her produce then go to town and get our beef that was butchered. I  want to call in the dimensions for a piece of glass we need cut for shop an hopefully take old jeep to town to get 2 tires fixed. Obviously someone ran over something because they are both flat on the same side. I need to go to storage shed and get our winter stuff out and some egg cartons for neighbor. I need to order coats for my boys. Thank heavens my MIL just bought my youngest  DD a coat.  So today will be busy in the rain in preparation for the snow. I need to do canning and bookwork in the house. Looks like tomorrow might be the day. OH I need to pick peppers again. I still need to use the old ones. Thank heavens for the walk in cooler.Everything lasts longer in there.

Time to get kids going

Have a great day Friends!
Janice

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 06:33:17 AM »
Good morning!

Janice - just reading about your days makes me tired! :D  I wish I had half your energy!

Today is an at-home day for me, my favorite kind.  I've gotten where I just almost hate to go places.  I need to pick more peppers and get them in the dehydrator and we'll start school as soon as Emily has her breakfast.  I need to pick more scupperdines.  I'll probably juice them and can it.  After that, it's just routine housecleaning and piddling. :)

Have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 09:17:50 AM »
Good morning,

We are having storms here this morning. It is really rumbling out there and the rain is coming right down. We have a chance of severe storms tomorrow while Janice is supposed to be getting snow.  :o Then are highs are supposed to be in the lower 60s and lows in the lower 40s. Quite a change for us!

I sewed the binding on the little fall quilt for SIL last night. I just need to wash it and it is ready to gift to her. I hope she likes it.

Not a lot to do today. Well, I do have some crocheting to do. Just realized that my MIL's birthday is next Tuesday. Yikes. I struggle so with what to give her. Being in the nursing home, she doesn't have much room, doesn't need any clothes, can no longer do any crafts, not sure she can actually understand what she is reading, and she can't write any more.  :-\ I think I will attempt to crochet some fingerless gloves for her. Her hands are always cold, but she is not allowed to wear the compression gloves any more because of possible blood clots. Don't you think if I make these loose on her they would be ok? I have never made gloves or mittens, but have found a few patterns that say easy, peasy.  :D I should be able to figure it out.  ;)

I hope  you all have a wonderful day.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 09:56:22 AM »
Good morning!

We got some snow again this morning and are supposed to again a couple days from now.  It's making me nervous for our trip to IL in a couple weeks.  We'll be driving!  :o

On my list today:

make grape jam and bottle it
bake a ham for canning this weekend
dishes
scrub table (it's amazing how much of a mess toddlers can make with just cereal)
vacuum
clean last littler box
I need to do some all over tidying. 
1 load of laundry

Dinner tonight will be lobster bisque.  We're having a "little mermaid" movie watching night tonight, so there will be snacks after dinner.
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 10:08:16 AM »
Shelly and Janice, it's hard to think about snow, though I know it's not far away for us as well.

I got everyone out the door and off to school this morning, then went to the grocery store. Everything is put away, and I'm on the second load of laundry. I've got several tasks to get caught up on today including folding and putting away all the laundry, cleaning the kitchen counters, and baking muffins.

I have a small wall quilt to finish sewing the binding, then I'm getting back to work on my queen-sized quilt. It's a churn & dash pattern in fall colors that's been in process for too long!  ;)

Winona, great job on finishing the fall quilt--what a thoughtful gift!

Dinner tonight is probably hamburgers, or I might put chili in the crockpot after lunch.

Have a great day!
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline Andrea G

• no better thing under the sun
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 10:34:10 AM »
Good afternoon!  Janice and Shelly, hard to believe that you are getting snow already.  It's 68 and sunny here today, and will be in the 70s for the next few days. 

Went to the feed store again today, thank goodness it is payday because we were out of everything.  I have Julie doing school work and banana bread in the oven.  I have laundry to fold and put away and then I will see what I can find in the garden.  I want to make mint jelly today too, while I still have the canner out from doing salsa the other day.  Then I think I can put it away for a while. 

Dinner tonight will be burgers on the grill, probably with a big salad. 

Have a great day everyone! :)
Loving life in southern Ontario
Wife to David, Mom to Kate, Paul, Matt and Julianne

Offline Leahsgarden

• doTERRA Essential Oils
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 10:40:13 AM »
I wish I could get out of this "slumming it" mood. I just want to sleep, be lazy, rest up. Today is 41 weeks... and I've got little boys asking for food (come on... I fed you yesterday! ;)) and messes to clean up and tears to wipe. Just one of those times I wished my mom or sister could come for a little weekly reprieve.

I can't believe you guys are already getting snow... we were having a little heat wave yesterday! Trade ya! :D
...Leah
wife to Chris
Mommy to Caleb, Logan, & Josie

Offline Rooney

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 11:38:51 AM »
I wish I could get out of this "slumming it" mood. I just want to sleep, be lazy, rest up. Today is 41 weeks... and I've got little boys asking for food (come on... I fed you yesterday! ;)) and messes to clean up and tears to wipe. Just one of those times I wished my mom or sister could come for a little weekly reprieve.

I can't believe you guys are already getting snow... we were having a little heat wave yesterday! Trade ya! :D
Leah
I am sympathizing with you right now.  Although I have never gone over, always somewhere between two weeks early to two days early.  I can't imagine a week over!  :o If only you lived closer.  I would be more than willing to help you in these last kind of miserable days of it. :)  I know what it is like to not have help during that time period.  Hey look at it this way at 41 weeks he/she HAS to come out soon.  I am told that they cannot stay indefinitely! :D  Anyway hope you are able to get a nap this afternoon, but look out if you wake up and need everything spotless. ;)

Offline Leahsgarden

• doTERRA Essential Oils
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 11:59:10 AM »
I'm still banking on Monday or Tuesday for the birth. Maybe if I put everything off, my sister will do it for me when she comes on Sunday. ;)
...Leah
wife to Chris

Offline Rooney

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 12:14:05 PM »
I'm still banking on Monday or Tuesday for the birth. Maybe if I put everything off, my sister will do it for me when she comes on Sunday. ;)
Maybe on the cleaning, but if you mean the labor, I don't think it works that way. ;)

Offline Leahsgarden

• doTERRA Essential Oils
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2013, 12:23:23 PM »
Maybe on the cleaning, but if you mean the labor, I don't think it works that way. ;)

Well, she IS 5 months pregnant! :D But yeah, don't want her going into labor here.
...Leah
wife to Chris

Offline happymama

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2013, 01:24:23 PM »
I love to read about your days, ladies! It has been a good day around here. So far today I have finished school for the day, caught up on some laundry, cleaned the kitchen, except for the refrigerator which I have again pushed off until tomorrow :-[.We are having a revival meeting at church this week so very soon we will be taking baths and getting ready for that!

Babies and snow!! They both sound exciting!!

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 10:21:04 PM »
I'm jealous of the snow, too! Here in Ohio its still in the 80s. Blah. I'm ready for a cool down. I would like some fall weather before the snow. But if I had to pick between summer and snow, it would be snow ;)
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.