Author Topic: Wednesday, November 23, 2016  (Read 782 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Wednesday, November 23, 2016
« on: November 23, 2016, 06:18:45 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Wednesday, November 23, 2016
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 07:37:51 AM »
Good morning!

I couldn't post for some reason yesterday.  I kept getting a message the connection was dropped or something.

Well, it's the day before Thanksgiving!  The only thing going on today is my daughter has to work.  She just started a new job at a daycare. Otherwise we're home all day.  Tomorrow we will head up to my parents' house (about 2 hours away).  The only thing I am responsible for is the frozen fruit salad so I will make that this morning and I am done for Thanksgiving prep. :)

I have laundry to finish and the house needs picking up.  I've got a big list of smaller projects I'll work on through the day.

I probably won't be on tomorrow, so, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 08:45:44 AM »
Good Morning Merilee and all who follow.

Sounds like you have a nice day ahead with not much holiday stress to deal with.

My mom insists on doing all of Thanksgiving, so I don't have much prep either. I will bring Macaroni & Cheese, and a Cherry Dump Cake. Easy enough.  Will probably make the mac & cheese in the morning before leaving. We too have a bit of a drive. About an hour and a half.

Two of my 3 sons can come, so it will be nice to spend some time together.

Today I need to do some general clean up around the house, and my college son brought a load of laundry home, so I have that going in the washer right now. He is capable of doing laundry, and obviously does it at school, so when he is home I don't mind giving him a break and doing it for him.

I went to weight watchers this morning, but my friend and I didn't walk after. She is having Thanksgiving at her house, so had a lot to get done. Fine by me, it is raining and gloomy, so we would have had to walk inside anyway.

Trying to decide when to put up our Christmas Tree. Maybe this weekend???  When do all of you put up your Christmas decor? 

Hope everyone has a nice day and a very Blessed Thanksgiving!
I am thankful for all of you!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Rooney

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 09:47:10 AM »
Hi Merilee and Pam!

We don't have a whole lot of company on Thanksgiving, but I still need to spend the day cleaning the house.  Been spending so much time on school these days, I have been letting it slide a little.  Older kids have promised to help me.......we'll see. ;)  Other than that, maybe a workout later this evening and probably not much else.

Pam, we always put up our tree Thanksgiving night and then watch the movie "Micheal", the one with John Travolta in it.  Don't know why, we just all love that movie and it became a tradition about 10 years ago.  We also may play a board game that night. Putting up our tree doesn't entail much though, just lights on it because littles pull off all the ornaments. :)

Might try to do a little Christmas shopping online tonight or maybe just planning, don't know yet. 

Ya'll be careful when traveling tomorrow.

Lindsay