Author Topic: 2017 Goals and Resolutions  (Read 3350 times)

Offline pamgonzo

2017 Goals and Resolutions
« on: December 20, 2016, 07:09:44 AM »
Here is a place where we can discuss our goals, wishes, dreams for the new year!

Throw out ideas. We might find inspiration in what you have on your heart for the new year.

I will be back after I have some time to think on this!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

shedrinkzcoffee

Re: 2017 Goals and Resolutions
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 11:07:24 AM »
Been thinking about some goals too.  I'll also respond when I think about it more.

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 05:37:04 PM »
I will be thinking about some things I'd like for the new year.  I hope to get some inspiration reading the responses of others.

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 09:29:25 PM »
I am doing what I call 46 in 46... 46 things I want to do in my 46th year so I have quite a bit but they are fun and silly things.  Things like.. go horseback riding, eat at a restaurant you I have never been to.  Things like that.

I always like to have something to strive for though and I like to pick a word for the year which I think I have picked out.  I'll give it a couple days and see if it sticks.

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 12:19:47 AM »
This has been a rough year. I just want to strive for calmness. And to not let so much get to me. For example, even if the world is crumbling around me I want to find something good somewhere in that crumbling mess and go with it! Does that make sense?
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 09:25:44 AM »
That makes total sense Bobbie! Calm was one of my words for 2016!  I need to do a better job of keeping my word more in my consciousness!  Maybe that will be part of my challenge for 2017. I had better go pick up some post it notes!  :)

Erica: Your year of 46 sounds awesome!! Can't wait to see your list!  I usually make a similar list for the year, but it is NEVER 46 items long! Maybe I should think bigger!  ;)

Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 02:29:05 PM »
If you are looking for help in coming up with a theme word for 2017, try this link. It is a great way to search out and find what you want to focus on!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ua-freebies/wordoftheyear/docs/WOTY_tool_2014-v5-2.pdf

*hope this link works okay.
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2016, 05:57:29 PM »
I've been doing more thinking on this, and I have settled on my word for the new year.  It is mindful.  I want to be more mindful in several areas - my spending, patience with certain family members, healthier habits, etc.   There is more, I am sure, but this is what I have so far.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2016, 12:16:32 PM »
Mindful is a great word choice Cheryl!

I have decided on my word for the year.  It is INTENTIONAL.  I want to be more intentional in what I am spending time doing.  Intentional movement daily.  Being more intentional in my day. 

Some of the goals I have for myself:

Read 15 books.  I was such an avid reader growing up, and I have lost that in recent years.  I figure that 15 books is a huge goal since I probably read 2 last year, but it is still only about one a month.  I bought a cute basket to put books in that will sit in my living room so I can see it daily.  I have 5 or 6 laying around that I want to get to.  Maybe if I see them, I will be reminded to do it.

Pay off credit card.  It's Christmas gifts, a car repair and an airline ticket, but I want to get it back to zero ASAP.

YOGA-- I want to spend some time with yoga to center my mind, and work on my balance.  Balance is so important as we age!

Weekly Cards & Notes -- I am compiling a list of people in my life. My goal is to send at least one note or card every week.  Either to tell them how they have impacted my life, or just a note to cheer someone or even a birthday card. 

Walk 1000 Miles -- Over the course of the year.  That is 83.3 miles a month, 19.2 miles a week, or 2.7 miles a day.  This will be a huge challenge for me in the months of Jan/Feb and maybe part of March.  We will see how it goes!!

That's what I have for now.  I will start on my people list so I am prepared for my first note of the week.

How are you ladies coming along with ideas for your 2017?  We can make it an amazing year!!
Pam
Wife of 32 years

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2016, 05:23:00 PM »
Got my 2017 word and to change things up, the hubs and I are picking a word as a couple AND we are picking a word for each other that we would like the other to focus on.  (all good things, all good things!) It's going to be a great year!

My word is 'heal'th... its a 2 for 1.  Focusing on health as well as the word heal within it.  I have some emotional baggage that I need to deal with/heal from.  Health.. not just the typical eat better things, although that is included, but also taking care of the little things... skincare, flossing, taking time for pray, meditate, focus, read or do a craft. I need to take care of me so that I can be the best I can for those I love.

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2016, 05:52:41 AM »
Love it Erica!

You have really put some thought into it!  Love your dual word!
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2017, 08:28:31 AM »
Erica, I also really like your word and all that it entails. I'm not going to choose "a" word but rather just have some floating in my head.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats