Author Topic: Wed. Dec. 21, 2016  (Read 686 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Wed. Dec. 21, 2016
« on: December 21, 2016, 08:17:58 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm here reading every day but not so good at posting.

Kids are all home and the house is full. But I'm back to work for a few days with a long weekend off! Can't wait. It's very busy at home right now so I go to work to relax.

We're keeping the meals very simple these days and I haven't cooked for two days. There are leftovers for lunch today and then tonight I'll do some baked chicken and rice. I'm starting to get my ham thawed for Sunday.

My parents are invited for Sunday lunch but mom is having a few bad days from her radiation treatment last week. She has a little headache, a runny nose, food doesn't taste right, she's very tired and her head feels heavy. I think these are all side effects or radiation and it will get better as the days go by. She had a pretty good day yesterday. It's her birthday on Saturday and we hope to all go out for her annual birthday breakfast if she feels well enough.

Other than that we hope for a nice quiet Christmas and New Year's.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Wed. Dec. 21, 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 09:21:19 AM »
Good Morning All!

Thank you Alice for starting the thread.  Sounds like a nice weekend ahead. I hope your Mom feels well enough to take part in all the festivities.

I have been to weight watchers, and then home. My friend was feeling a little under the weather, and with my boys home, we decided not to walk. I still have some work to do to get back to my goal weight, but I am not stressing about it right now. I am making the best choices I can, and trying to not totally go off the rails, but I figure I can get back at it seriously the first of the year.

Oldest son is at the dentist, and then youngest goes as well this afternoon. Gotta get those appointments done while they are home. Oldest hasn't found a dentist in SC yet, and now it looks like he might be moving in the next few months, so we got him in for a cleaning and all while home. 

I have some ribs in the crockpot for dinner.  I usually get the boneless ones, but these are bone in. We will see how that goes. I am thinking that by cooking them in the crockpot all day, maybe they will be falling off the bone by dinner!
Will probably do some mashed or boiled potatoes and then a veggie to go with.

Not to much else happening in my world. Just hanging with the gang for the day. Maybe watch a movie, or play Euchre later. We also have A Christmas Story Yatzee that is fun.  Just playing it by ear.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Pam

Alice: in case you missed my husband's last project, here is the link to it. Enjoy!

http://www.mlive.com/dining/index.ssf/2016/12/check_out_michigans_tastiest_t.html#0
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25