Author Topic: Saturday, Dec. 24, 2016  (Read 646 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Saturday, Dec. 24, 2016
« on: December 24, 2016, 09:42:12 AM »
Hello Ladies:
Not sure if anyone will check in today, but I wanted to say Merry Christmas to any who stop by!

We had a nice visit and Christmas celebration at my parent's yesterday. I will say, the drive home was quite treacherous though. Lots of snow, the kind where it looks like you are driving into some kind of snow vortex. You couldn't really tell where the road/shoulder was. It was slow going, saw several cars in the ditches and median with spin outs.  Glad we made it home all in one piece!

It has warmed up some today, so we are getting a lot of melting.

I have a few dinner prep things to do (peel potatoes and the like) to do before going to church. It starts at 4, so we will leave here at 3. (10 minute drive, but would rather sit and wait than stand during mass.)

I do have one gift to wrap still. One that arrived on the doorstep yesterday (thank goodness!)

Just a relaxing day of getting things all lined up. Most is done, or I have chosen easy routes (*pre-made) to get done.

Hope everyone has a blessed and fulfilling Christmas and Christmas Eve!
See you all on the 26th (if I get a chance!)

Merry Merry Christmas!!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

shedrinkzcoffee

Re: Saturday, Dec. 24, 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 11:03:51 AM »
Merry Christmas!!!!!!

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 12:41:53 PM »
Just popping in to say Merry Christmas!  I'm grateful for this community and look forward to the ideas and inspiration and encouragement of 2017!

Merilee

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 04:40:44 PM »
I'm here too! Kind of late but better than not at all!

Have a wonderful and Merry Christmas tomorrow.

We had a busy day of visiting. Mom and brother's birthday breakfast but mom was very tired. Then we went to the other grandma who is Oma to the kids. My three kids went with an uncle for a look at cats to adopt. The one they were looking at this week was adopted so that is good but sad for my brother and his girlfriend who were eager to give the cat a home.

Made an easy dinner of turkey legs and thighs in my pressure cooker with noodles. One daughter had some shrimp she wanted so we cooked that up as well. We have been playing Quiddler and that is fun and we also are pulling out some old Christmas movies and just doing a lot of talking.

We did spend a few hours in stores getting things the kids need before they go back to school and one goes back to Honduras. But I think we're all done with that. Clothes, haircuts, computers, grooming things,  and whatever else they need.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 07:36:50 PM »
I'm home after a long day!

We were out of here early this morning to have breakfast at my in-laws.  We stayed there until lunch time, and then it was time to head over to my parents' house for the big get-together with everybody.  I am worn out and don't plan on doing much more tonight except relax.

Tomorrow will be spent here, just me, Tony, and Emily.  I baked a ham yesterday so we will probably have it for our lunch and just hang out here watching movies.

I hope you all have a merry Christmas!  I'll see you on the 26th.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn