Author Topic: Thursday, Dec. 22, 2016  (Read 871 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Thursday, Dec. 22, 2016
« on: December 22, 2016, 06:17:27 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Thursday, Dec. 22, 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 06:36:42 AM »
Here we go!!  The serious countdown is on!! 3 days women! 3 days!!

For me, we will go to my parent's tomorrow, so today is my last day.  I actually was on an earlier timetable this year. With our son flying in on the 20th, that was my self-imposed deadline. So, the only thing I have today is to run to Sam's club for a last minute gift, and then to Kohl's to pick up an online order I did last night.

I have been fighting with a 1.5 qt crockpot forever. The lid didn't fit it properly, so I always had to put foil over the top before putting on the lid. I had a $15 reward, as well as a $10 thank you coupon (??) that I didn't was to go to waste.

With the sales and my coupons, I was able to get a new crockpot, and a pair of $34 gloves for $9 out of pocket. I did the pickup at the store option, so I need to stop by and get that.  I am hoping to get out of the house before 9 since both stores will be open, and hopefully not too busy.

Hope everyone is having a productive day! Keep at it! The end game is in sight!

Had a wonderful dinner last night with all 5 of us around the table again. It felt so comforting to have everyone here!

I am going to make a pan of scotcharoos later today. That is the only treat I didn't get made Tues.  It will only take a few minutes to throw together.

Not much else to do today. Maybe watch a couple of movies or something. Will see what the boys want to do.

Have a wonderful day!!
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 07:23:52 AM »
Pam,

I really think we live parallel lives! We had all five around the dinner table last night also but we ate in the living room instead. The kids went out yesterday, just the three of them, to spend some time together. I LOVE that they do that (2 girls and 1 boy) and that they truly get along.

I don't have to work tomorrow nor Monday so that is extra special. We have a couple of get-togethers over the weekend but no presents for anyone. The girls needed new computers and a few other essentials and we helped with that and I intend to help my son with a few clothing items so that is the extent of gift giving. Nothing is getting wrapped

Hubby decided to grill some steaks for supper tonight with a salad. The steaks are thawing and he will grill them late afternoon. I hope the grill still works. It's on it's last legs! Next spring I think we need a new one.

Mom has had a couple of bad days but now it seems she starting to have better days. I call everyday and she is even answering the phone and talking. She couldn't talk for a long time and now I get to hear her cheerful voice again! It's her birthday Sat. and we're going out for breakfast but I know it will tire her out. She is pretty weak but I'm certain with some rest and time, she will become stronger again.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 08:21:41 AM »
Good morning!

It's a cold day out there!  We're predicted to have a White Christmas with snow on both Saturday and Sunday!  Yay! 

Today's my deadline to get all the shopping done.  Just a few things left to get.  Then I plan to get everything wrapped tonight and under the tree.  Today's the last day of school for the kids before Christmas break.  I'm not sure what we're going to do tomorrow but I'd like to do something fun. 

I'm also going to work on getting my house cleaned up.  Getting the wrapping done will help because then I can get all that stuff put away.  I've got to deliver some Sub for Santa presents today also.

Wishing you all much energy to get done what needs to be done so we can all enjoy a nice relaxed Christmas Eve and Day!

#LightTheWorld Day 22:  Jesus showed gratitude and so can you.  I love this one because it reminds us to be grateful for the blessings we have, and especially at this time of year, we can be grateful for the gift of God's Son.

Merilee
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 09:05:30 AM by 4kidsmom »

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 11:50:23 AM »
Alice: sounds like your Mom is on the upswing. Will keep praying for strength and continued healing.  I couldn't adequately express the feeling I had sitting around that dinner table last night. So glad you could relate and understand what I was saying!

Merilee: Hope you get all your shopping and wrapping done with lots of time to spare! I know what a relief that feeling is. Enjoy your time relaxing with your family tomorrow! Hope your wish for a White Christmas comes through for you.  We are plenty white right now, but much warmer temps and some rain is expected Christmas day that might get rid of all of it then. That would be just fine by me! If we could have snow from Dec. 1 through the 25th and then none after that, it would be so fine by me!

Merry Christmas All!!
Pam
Wife of 32 years