Author Topic: Monday, Dec. 26, 2016  (Read 733 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Monday, Dec. 26, 2016
« on: December 26, 2016, 07:31:53 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas day!

It was lovely for us, but such a long day.  We shared our Christmas as a family, had a big breakfast, and then hit the road.
2 1/2 hour drive to my in-laws. Nice celebration, and then 2 1/2 hour drive home. We enjoyed ourselves. It just was a lot for one day.

Today it is trying to get back to some kind of normalcy maybe. We are taking the boys out to lunch. All three had the same 2nd grade teacher, and her son has opened up a brewery/restaurant in the area, so we are going there. It will be nice to have some more time together as oldest flies back to SC on Wednesday.

Most everything is picked up pretty good. Still a few unusual dishes to get put away. Ones that I only end up using during the holidays and such.

Was glad to see so many check ins on Christmas Eve!

Thinking about when to put Holiday decor away. I'm just not up to it at this point! When do all of you take down your tree and put things away?

Have a wonderful day!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Cheryl

Re: Monday, Dec. 26, 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 10:43:46 AM »
Pam - my family thinks I'm strange when it comes to putting away Christmas decorations.  I take down our tree as soon as possible.  I had it down by 2 pm yesterday. :D. We were home for the day so I thought I would get the jump on it.  I put away the tree, took down and put away the outside decorations, and put away all Christmas related things inside.  Today is a big cleaning day for me.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 11:34:31 AM »
Wow Cheryl. I wish I had the energy and motivation to clean hard today!

I have a feeling I will be in procrastination mode for a bit here.

I am going to look at my calendar and see what day I could do the cleanup. Possibly Th or F.  We have things going on tomorrow and Wed. I need to make a plan, or I might be looking at this tree for weeks!  LOL! (not really, it would drive me crazy if it were up much past Jan. 1st!)

Enjoy your day!
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 05:26:28 PM »
Better late than never...

Had another nice day today with hubby's family. Just enough food but not too much food either!

I'm keeping my Christmas up until after the kids go on their ways back to school and work. I want them to "feel" Christmas for as long as possible. I'll clean when the house is empty but for now I am enjoying my family.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 06:35:30 AM »
I agree Alice. I am keeping ours up until they have all vacated!

Partly because I want them to be able to enjoy it, but also because it will be easier to deal with when nobody else is around!
I too am focusing on spending time together!

Pam
Wife of 32 years