Author Topic: Monday, Jan. 2, 2017  (Read 770 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Monday, Jan. 2, 2017
« on: January 02, 2017, 07:27:18 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Monday, Jan. 2, 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 07:31:39 AM »
Good morning and Happy New Year from me!

I took a nice long break last week.  My husband and kids were all home from work and school.  We had a great holiday.  We relaxed, shopped, ate, watched movies, played games, went to church, celebrated Christmas, and had a good long break.

We're still on break--kids go back to school and hubby goes back to work tomorrow.  But it's Monday and I've decided that I've had enough playing. 

Snow fell last night and I promised my boys we'd go sledding sometime during the break.  So we will do that today.  I also might take my older two to see Rogue One (we're Star Wars fans).  Also my parents want to stop by on their way out of town to see us.  So between all of that, I don't expect to get much more than laundry and house pickup done, but that will be a big improvement over the current state of things.  ;D

Christmas has been taken down and packed up.  I just need my husband and oldest son to take the boxes out to the garage, where we'll leave them till spring then move them to the shed.  I do have some snowman decorations for January but I don't think I'll worry about putting those up today.

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 07:46:21 AM »
Good to see you Merilee. Glad you had such a nice Holiday break!

I have a list of to-do's, but not sure what I will get accomplished. 

I need to go to the grocery store.  Need to get back on track with my weight.  Kind of let it get off the tracks during the holidays.  Didn't feel like I went crazy, but by not paying attention at all, I am about 9 pounds over my goal weight.  That means I will be paying at weight watchers until I get back down.  No biggie, just need to focus, and will need to get good foods back in the house.

Laundry is needing attention.  I will get that going before heading out.

The Cotton Bowl is on at 1:00. Son & his gf are there, so we will watch that game, and hope the best for WMU.  It will be a tough game for them I fear.

We are hoping to go for a walk this afternoon.  It is suppose to warm up a bit, but rain is expected, so hopefully we can get it in after the game, before the rain.  We shall see.

Not sure what dinner will be.  We had Chinese take out last night (one last hurrah!) -- will need to find something healthy to make here.   I'm sure I will come up with something while at the store.

Hope everyone has a great day! 
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 11:50:49 AM »
I am here! Trying to get back on schedule after Christmas break. I have to put the Christmas in boxes. I have it taken down and it is all in family room in basement.  It is cold and lots of snow. ugh Such a nice November we should have known something was up.  We lost power Christmas evening about 5 and it came back on Tuesday night about 8:30.  We eventually got a generator but it is still a pain. We are so spoiled with electricity. We could do it but it was a lot of work.  I am clearing out my drawer of receipts. I have 3 large boxes of receipts to file by month some evening.  I am just ready for a fresh new year. This is the time of year I think about indoor painting projects and just redoing each room. Freshen everything up  Megan is still home on break so she is doing chores for me. She is in town waiting for a tire to be fixed on bale buster.  I helped her take it off in the snow.  Now waiting for her to get back and go put it back on. Not looking forward to that. Our temp is 16 but feels like -2. Really it feels a lot colder than that with the wind blowing. So cold.  And no chance of warming up for a while. Levi starts basketball tonight so he was excited.  Allison has practice but not until 6:30.  Ashley is just manager so she only goes to games and not until tomorrow night. Lane will be home and I need him to weld me 2 more crosses for presents. I need to go find Ashleys tote of momentos for school as she is graduating this year. Unbelievable.  I need to help her with scholarships and Megan. Well better go get some more done. Making some headway around here but lots more to finish.

Have  a great start to your new year
Janice