Author Topic: BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN THIGHS  (Read 1990 times)

Offline bobbie78

BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN THIGHS
« on: October 03, 2013, 11:36:42 PM »
I recently got a great deal on this. I bought several large packages. But to be honest, I dont really know what to do with it. Do any of you have any recipes that use the b/s chicken thighs? I mainly use the breast.  Chad is very picky and likes his chicken shake and baked or bbq'd or fried. This doesnt have skin...so I dont think those options are available. HELP!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline Proudmama

Re: BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN THIGHS
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 05:12:03 AM »
You can shake and bake and BBQ the thighs and they are quite good that way.  You can also cook them in the crockpot with BBQ sauce and shred them for using in sandwiches.  Actually, just about anything you use the boneless breast for I think you could substitute the thighs.

Denise

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 07:38:05 AM »
We do everything with them shake n bake, grill with bbq sauce, crockpot shredded bbq sandwiches, crockpot with salt and pepper and dice and freeze for recipes. Wish I could find some on sale lol.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 08:41:13 AM »
We also LOVE boneless, skinless chicken thighs but rarely can I get a good price on them. We use them just like you would with the breast part. Anything works with these. Where did you get a good deal? How long ago? Just curious as I would like to find a lot of those for my freezer.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 10:26:47 AM »
Alice, I got the deal at Kroger about a week ago. They were .99 a lb! I dont know if they just had too much of it or what. It wasnt close to the expiration date. Just packaged at .99 a lb! I bought lots of packages!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 10:58:12 AM »
I use those almost exclusively as we prefer dark meat.  You can shake and bake it even without the skin.  I cube it and stir fry it with veggies with various sauces.

I can post the sauces recipes in a bit.  The book is in the room where trev is having a phone conference, so I'll need to wait.

But anyway, you can use it the same way you would breast meat.  Cooked in a crockpot with BBQ sauce and then shredded is one of my favorites.
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 11:30:16 AM »
I didnt know you could use it like breasts. I thought it would be different. Thanks so much ladies! Shelly, I would appreciate the recipes for the sauces whenever you get around to it! Thanks!