Author Topic: Saturday October 5, 2013  (Read 1882 times)

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
Saturday October 5, 2013
« on: October 05, 2013, 05:51:27 AM »
Good morning!!

Elk season started this morning. Trevor left at 5. He's going to the backside of the mountain behind our house, which he's hiked before, but I'm still trying to calm my nerves.  The mountains are snow capped and I'm worried about everything.  Avalanches don't usually happen this early because snow pack is too thin, but it's still running through my mind along with mountain lions and angry elk. 

I'm keeping myself super busy to distract my mind. I got up at 4 and I've gotten my morning cleaning done, I've got a ham in the oven and I'll be canning the last of the grapes, processing the ham, baking some bread, and a couple pumpkins pies (with sugar pumpkins, not canned.) And once the little ones are up in a couple hours, I'll have them to take care of. Hopefully I'll be too busy to worry much.

The worst will be tomorrow when he leaves for the several day overnight hunt.

Dinner tonight will be beef nuggets, potato wedges with carrots and peas
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 06:06:07 AM by Shelly »
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline Alana

Re: Saturday October 5, 2013
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 06:14:19 AM »
Good morning :)

Shelley, I will be praying for safety for Trevor!

Today my Joshua turns 14!!  Seems like just yesterday I brought him home :). He is such a wonderful young man. I am so proud of him.
For his birthday he has requested to go into the city and bike the trails. He loves to bike ride ;). I think we will do lunch out and then come home for cake and ice cream!  Hopefully the weather holds out. They are calling for rain.

I don't have too much planned for today, just birthday stuff! ;D. Should be a great day!
Loving the country life in Canada!
Married to Sean
Mom of Brandon 20, Joshua 16, Evan 14 & Alyssa 11
Daycare 'mom' to 5 toddlers

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 08:29:50 AM »
Good Morning

Well we are in the blizzard!  But we are really lucky. We had a couple inches of rain then about 4" of snow. My sister lives about 80 miles from me to the north and they have 14-16" of snow and no electric.  They have a generator after BIL took tractor to town to get gas for it. Be prepared people.  Yesterday we just took it easy. It was awesome. Today after I enjoy my coffee and computer time I will get some stuff one around here. I have plenty to do but it is great just being here with family and not doing anything. We will have plenty to do when this thing quits this evening.  Well off for more coffee...

Shelly try to keep yourself busy an just think Trevor might bring back some meat. It is good for him too to have some hunting time. Sounds like you are getting a bunch done! You are doing great.

Alana- Happy Birthday to Joshua! Sounds like fun! Enjoy!

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 09:14:08 AM »
Good morning.

We are on the opposite end of the weather spectrum than Janice.  Our day is going to be sunny and 87*!!  I think this is our last hot day and we'll be cooling off after today.  Thank heavens....I'm ready for some fall days.  We have our new woodstove and pipe all installed and we're ready to test drive this thing.  :D

I'm not sure what I'll get done today.  I really don't have any plans other than normal daily chores.  We do have a baby shower to go to tonight for our friend's son and I think they're having hotdogs and hamburgers so no cooking for me!!!   :D

I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday.

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline wrancher

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 09:22:12 AM »
Beth- That's crazy!! Enjoy!!

Janice

Wonder if Leah is having her baby?

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 09:53:28 AM »
Janice,

There's a good possiblity...I think it could be any day now  :D

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline auntotiti

• Charlotte Cait
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 09:53:41 AM »
Good morning ladies,
Happy Birthday to Joshua!!  Hope the rain holds off....
Shelly praying a good day for you.
Janice saw all the snow on our news, wow.
We are like Beth another nice sunny day.
Grocery shopping on my list...don't need a lot but want to pick up what I need.
Got my new sewing machine at Costco on Thursday...want to learn to quilt.  Hopefully if all goes well otherwise I will take up sewing...haven't done that in years.
Wishing you all a blessed day.
Married to mybest friend Mike 38 yrs
Sons Josh and Phil
Two beautiful sweet daughters in love
Three adored grands
Malyna, Nolan, Charlotte