Author Topic: Friday, October 4, 2013  (Read 1525 times)

Offline wrancher

Friday, October 4, 2013
« on: October 04, 2013, 06:48:33 AM »
Good Morning

I think! Boy is the wind blowing and rain showers. The rain lets up now and again. Not sure if it will snow yet/ On a weather site it shows the snow coming around 2 and at 5 a blzzard. It is nasty out there. We were soo busy yesterday getting cattle moved and everything in sheds before storm. My house needs cleaning but looks like we can do that and hopefully I can do some bookwork. I hope we dont have to be outside much. Oh the joys of ranching! Our neighbors who dont have cattle are like oh it will be nice to just sit back and read a book on a kindle. I wish! Luxuries!!! Someday when we are too old. It makes you appreciate things more for sure. We had to start furnace last night also. We were freezing after moving the last bunch of cows home 5 miles. I was in pickup and horse trailer flagging and everyone else was horseback. Oh soo good to have it done. Off to get more coffee...

Have a great day
Janice

Offline Andrea G

• no better thing under the sun
Re: Friday, October 4, 2013
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 07:43:03 AM »
Good morning Janice and all who follow.  It is raining here today too.  A good day for some indoor stuff, and probably some baking too.  I do need to run to the grocery store at some point.  Dinner tonight will be homemade pizza.

Have a great Friday! :)
Loving life in southern Ontario
Wife to David, Mom to Kate, Paul, Matt and Julianne

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 08:55:17 AM »
Good morning,

We have had a few sprinkles this morning, but mostly just thunder and lightning. We are in the target zone for severe weather this evening. Then we have a big cool down coming. It may even get down into the lower 40s this weekend. This really has been the year of extreme weather.  :-\

Looks like I will be in the house again today. I'm not going outside with lightning in the area.  :o

I crocheted a pair of fingerless gloves for MIL last night. Kevin thought she would love them. I used baby weight yarn and did a shell pattern, so these are light, but still warm. I think I will also make a pair more solid and out of heavier yarn for her to wear this winter. She is cold year around.  :(

As usual nothing else going on right now. Leah, I have been thinking about you with all these storms going on. I hope to be reading about a baby soon.  ;)

You all have a great day.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Leahsgarden

• doTERRA Essential Oils
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 08:56:27 AM »
That sure sounds cold, Janice! Hope you have some hot beverages planned. :)

My poor sister... she booked her flight to the wrong airport. The one that's 3 hours away, not 1! And I was like, I can't pick you up from that airport, it's 6 hours round trip! I could have two labor and births in that time! So for an extra $530 she was able to get the mistake corrected. She's totally blaming pregnancy for the mistake, she was 8 weeks pregnant when she booked the flight.

And I also found out that she's coming a whole day earlier than expected!! That put me in a panicky tailspin and I spent 1.5 hours deep cleaning the bathroom after the boys went to bed. It's really discouraging that the bathtub doesn't look much better. I tried chemicals, Charlie's Soap, pumice stone and a ton of elbow grease... and had to admit defeat. I'm going to suspect the tub is the original to the house, which was built 55 years ago. I'm totally living in the 1950s - two prong plug sockets; built in telephone stand; no linen closets; no dryer hook ups; and a razor slot in the bathroom cabinet. ::)

Today's plans are to panic a little more. ;) I need to switch the boys car seats around. Gym with Caleb. Mop the bathroom. Pull the birthing supplies together. Wash bedding for my sister. Try not to go into labor yet. :D
...Leah
wife to Chris
Mommy to Caleb, Logan, & Josie

Offline wrancher

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 09:56:11 AM »
Leah I am also anxiously awaiting to hear of your babys arrival.

Andrea I want to bake today also! What are you baking

Winona-I cant believe how fast you can crochet and quilt! I would still be on 1 finger