Author Topic: Friday, January 27, 2017  (Read 771 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Friday, January 27, 2017
« on: January 27, 2017, 06:28:43 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Friday, January 27, 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 09:04:45 AM »
Good morning!  The past few days have been stormy and cloudy. Now the sun is shining brightly and it seems a little strange that the house is so light!

I am finally feeling like myself!  I ended up not doing much of anything yesterday.  I just didn't have the energy.  Last night I had my family help with house pickup so while it's not where I would like it, it's better than it was.  So that's something.  One thing that I have found really helps with the nighttime sleeping is to have a humidifier running.  It's kept me from coughing much so that helps me sleep better.

I really have to get groceries today.  We're out of milk and nearly out of some other things.

I've spent the past 2 hours working on my playroom.  I've really let the house go the past week with all the illness so things were getting pretty unorganized.  So I've been sorting and reorganizing stuff.  Nothing too strenuous but it feels good to see those things get done.

I'll work on things throughout the house today, depending on my energy levels.

Have a great weekend!

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 09:12:57 AM »
Good Morning!
(at least for another hour here at my house!)  I guess I am getting a late start on my day.  Just realizing that now!  ::)

I did sleep in a bit I guess, but not sure where my morning has gone.  Hubs is working from home, so I guess I have been just kind of taking advantage of having him to talk to and bounce things off of.  I did make us some breakfast, so there's that.

It is a cold day again here.  Not unusually cold, like 16* real feel, but after having a sunny 60* day last Saturday, it feels much worse!  I am having trouble getting warmed up.  Maybe I will grab a cup of tea in a bit.

My day is fairly unplanned.  My hubs said to me "so what's your plan for today?" and I just looked at him with a blank stare!  I guess I should think about it! LOL! 

There is always stuff that needs to be done.  Dishwasher, sweeping, decluttering (why always decluttering???), things that will catch my eye that need to be done.  I also want to print some things off that will help keep us organized with paying bills and the like.  Will do that right away.  We used to have a really good bill paying system, but got out of the habit of using it to it's full potential, and it has been difficult staying on top of everything without it.   :(  So, I am determined to get us back to using it again.

Hubs is headed out to see a buddy later, (out of town), and going to a craft beer festival/event there.  He will stay at his friend's place tonight.  This friend has been going through some difficult times as of late, so hubs wants to make sure he knows he isn't alone.  That he has support.  He's not married, no kids, so has few people to talk through things with. 

Glad to hear you are feeling better Merilee! 

Hope everyone has an amazing day!  I am off to see what I need to work on around here.
Take Care!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 10:54:24 AM »
I feel like I missed a day...more like half a day. I took yesterday afternoon off. I decided I really like having the muscle of my son around to help me with a few heavy things so I took advantage of having him around to help me! He was happy to help too.

So glad it's Friday. The week really went fast but I like weekends. I don't have much to catch up on but it will be a very busy one anyway. When our daughter comes home Sat. there will be a whirlwind of getting all her stuff washed and ready to re-pack and get her back to her apartment since classes start on Monday. Sunday she will have to find a way to get through her jet lag because she has to drive back to school. She will need groceries since she has been gone since before Christmas.

I might see if my parents want help defrosting their freezer. They talked about doing it this week but I'm not sure if that goal was accomplished. They triggered me wanting to get mine done.

It's already the end of the month and I'm not sure how that is possible already. So I need to tally my grocery totals to see how I did for January. I hope not to have to shop anymore though I suspect daughter might need me to buy her groceries for her and then that will be added to my totals.

I've cooked all week and now I'm tired of that too. Maybe there is leftovers but I'm guessing with two grown men in the house all day those leftovers will be gone by the time I get home from work. It will be just me and hubby tonight since our son has to go back to school today so he can work all day tomorrow.  Maybe eggs and toast.

Have a nice weekend.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats