Author Topic: Thursday, January 26, 2017  (Read 777 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Thursday, January 26, 2017
« on: January 26, 2017, 06:10:23 AM »
Good Morning,

It was a very busy evening last night! I get home from work about 4:20 pm and because it was overcast it seemed quite dark but that was when we started cleaning out the deep freezer in the garage. Lighting was terrible but my son was a great help in getting it unloaded, cleaned and dried, and then reloading.  It almost seems fuller now that we organized. Ugg! The only surprises was that I had thought I was out of tomatoes but found quite a bit of them and for that I am very happy. We love homemade spaghetti sauce so this was a wonderful find. We didn't find any chicken pieces as we expected but did find 4 whole chickens that I knew I had but was delighted to see them. I have one whole turkey and some pork and beef steaks. Lots and lots of home grown frozen veggies!

I quickly went to the store after that was done to get some weekly groceries because we're supposed to get some bad weather and I picked up one pkg. of chicken for supper. So when I got then I got dinner started. We had honey garlic chicken, those 3 old potatoes that were in the pantry, and and Instant Pot pinto beans with a chunk of pork! It was a wonderful dinner enjoyed by everyone. My son doesn't eat a lot of beans but he ate these and wanted the recipe for when he goes back to school. My hubby had some leftover rice with his tiny scoop of beans. He can't digest them so well so he only took a little but enjoyed the broth with his rice. I have a feeling that whole pot of beans will be gone quite soon it was that good. I was going to do yogurt parfaits but I ran out of time and no one ending up needing dessert anyway. Maybe tonight we have those.

We'll be on the watch now for deals on chicken to have stocked in the freezer. We're not in a hurry but when we run across a deal. I also will need some ground beef since I didn't see any of that either. I'm also going to be thinking about a better way to organize the deep freeze. I'm thinking the old milk crates that can stack. Air can flow through them but getting to things down deep will be easier to get to.

Tonight will probably we the laundry consisting of the towels we used last night to clean the freezer out. We will also need something for supper. I dropped and broke a container of tomatoes with peppers and onions but the contents are still good. So that is thawing and will be made into something for supper tonight.

That's about it for me today.
Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Thursday, January 26, 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 08:49:34 AM »
Good morning!

Yesterday was a pretty bad day for me.  I felt like I got hit by a Mack truck.  Spent most of the day resting and sleeping. 

I'm feeling much better today though I am coughing a lot and thus my back and abs are really sore. 

I'm not sure how much I will get done--I don't want to overdo it!  So I'll just take it easy and do what I can.  I need to do laundry at the very least, and grocery shopping.  Luckily we don't need much so that shouldn't take long.  I'll probably still need a nap this afternoon!

Dinner tonight will be easy--sloppy joes!

Merilee

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 08:51:44 AM »
Feel better, Merilee!  Can you postpone the shopping? Sounds like you just need to stay home today. Drink some hot tea with lemon and honey.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 09:15:40 AM »
Good Morning Ladies.

Merilee: Hoping you can get some rest and are feeling better soon.

Alice: Sounds like you got a ton done yesterday!  Good for you. 

I have a slow slow day today.  Need to do some general cleaning.  I am about a third of the way through a book I started yesterday.  Hoping to use some reading as a reward for getting cleaning chores done. 

Hubs is working quite late today.  Probably after nine before he is done for the day.  So, my day is totally up to me. 
I would like to stay home.  I do need to get a gift card and get it in the mail for youngest son's gf's birthday.  Not sure if I will venture out today to do that, or if I will wait until tomorrow.

I think I will put on a pot of bean soup for dinner and to get us through the weekend.  Hubs will be gone a lot, bean soup is not his favorite, but I really like it, so it is a good chance to have it since he will be gone a lot. 

Have a great day!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 11:27:39 AM »
Good early afternoon!

Giving myself a few minutes of computer time before I get back to work.  Was gone yesterday out hiking.  We did about 6 miles up and down a mountain and around the foothills--got in 95 floors of climbing!  So after church dinner, I did an additional 13 flights of 18 steps at the church to make it to that 100 floor milestone and then to keep a friend company while she did some, too.

I ran to Aldi this morning.  Really just a fill-in trip.  More sandwich supplies, fruits, and veggies.  Came home and got that put away and my clean sheets put back on.  Have swept the house, picked up some in the living and dining rooms, and dinner on to cook in the IP.  Need to go to the branch library but couldn't do that this morning as it opens at noon.  I have an ILL book in.  Need to work for a bit on my volunteer job of grant writing.  I have a letter of inquiry drafted that is due by February 15th, but need to do some tweaking before submission.  Then on to the next one.  Hoping to hike again tomorrow so need to get stuff done today.

Morgan and Mallory have dance tonight 5-7.  I often dance along some for the exercise (this is clogging, like Irish step dancing) and can really work up a sweat and get in steps.  I took lessons last year but decided not to continue this year.  The adult class is primarily women quite a bit older than I and we did the more boring country music.  I like dancing with the kids' classes because we do newer pop and so forth.  Not all new, but not all country, at least.  :)

Well, need to go get some things done.  I have some cooked chicken that I think I will make into chicken salad.  Also thinking of making some Paleo banana muffins which are low sugar.  Need some quick snacks and breakfasts some days.  Have a great day all!  Merilee, hope you get to feeling better.

Catherine

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 12:31:26 PM »
Good to see you Catherine!
Can I just say that I bow to you doing 100 flights of stairs?!?  That. Is. Amazing!!  So impressive!  Enjoy getting your dance on tonight if you join in!
Sounds like you are keeping quite busy!  Enjoy your hiking tomorrow. 

I made banana bread the other day.  It was a recipe that used oats and greek yogurt and just a small amount of brown sugar.  I gave a piece to my husband, and he said "oh my gosh, this is so good!"  Then, I tried some and thought, no, not really, it's not even sweet!  I thought, oh - that's why you liked it so much. He doesn't like heavily sweet stuff.  So, win win - he loved it, and I didn't even want to eat it.  I think I ended up having 1/2 a piece, and have no desire to have more.  One less temptation in my world!   :D

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25