Author Topic: Wednesday, February 15, 2017  (Read 1067 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Wednesday, February 15, 2017
« on: February 15, 2017, 07:08:57 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Wednesday, February 15, 2017
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 07:21:20 AM »
Good morning!

Hope you all had a nice Valentine's day!  We had a simple dinner but made it special with candlelight!  Also we opened the cards from the grandparents and had heart-shaped Reese's peanut butter cups.

I had a great day yesterday.  Jordan doesn't have football workouts this morning so I was able to sleep in a bit. I still had to take Christie to school for early morning seminary but the extra 45 minutes of sleep was great.  When I got home, I got right into my work.  I got the kitchen cleaned up before my younger boys woke up.  After getting them off to school, I tore into the boys' bedroom.  I pulled out the beds from the wall and cleaned and vacuumed under/behind them.  I gathered all the dirty laundry and stripped the beds and got everything washed.  I gathered all the toys, etc. that didn't belong in the room and put them in a box to sort today.  By the time I was done, the room looked, smelled and felt great. 

I also cleaned out my room.  My room is on the main floor with the living room and kitchen and I have a (bad) habit of "speed cleaning" by putting everything that doesn't belong in the public spaces in there.  Problem is, it stays!  Even though I've been over the cold I've had for a couple of days now, the dust that was gathering on all the stuff in the room was really bothering me and my husband.  We had dry coughs at night.  So I moved all the stuff that needed to go out into the living room and gave the room a good vacuuming.  Steven cleaned our ceiling fan (yuck!).  I slept so much better last night.  I'm sure part of it was all the physical work I'd done yesterday but it was nice to not wake up with a dry and swollen throat.  The humidifier helped too, I'm sure.

So all in all, a great day yesterday.

Today I have someone coming to fix a broken valve that controls the water for our sprinkler system.  I have cleaned up the kitchen and have the first of three laundry loads going.  I need to try to have everything that requires water done by 9:30 because my lawn guy has to turn off the house water while he replaces the valve.

While the water is off, I will work on putting away all the clothes I washed yesterday, going through the boys' clothes and paring them down.  Nathan especially has way more shirts than he needs.  I'll also go through the bins, boxes and baskets that I took out of my room and get all that stuff sorted and put away.  Tomorrow is garbage/recycling collection day so I will be going through the house to collect garbage and recycling.  I want to clear off the flat surfaces in my bedroom and get the furniture dusted.  Then I'll vacuum one more time and my bedroom should be much more pleasant to sleep in.

I'd also like to collect stuff for a Deseret Industries (LDS church version of Goodwill) run.  A lot of it is already in boxes, etc., I just need to get it all in the car.

All of that will probably keep me busy all day.

Dinner tonight will be chicken fajitas and green chili rice.

Merilee 

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 08:57:06 AM »
Wow, Merilee!

I'm tired just READING about all the stuff you got done! I had one day of cleaning our master bedroom. I want to tackle my daughter's room but since she is out of the country I just don't know what to do with her stuff. I don't want to re-arrange everything because she knows where her stuff is right now and when she comes home it will be upsetting to her. I cleaned my son's room a few weeks ago when I purchased a rug for a walkway. I vacuumed all the dust underneath and on the kickboards. My other daughter has a very easy room to clean but she has tall built in cabinets that I haven't gotten to yet. Why, you might ask, am I DOING THIS CLEANING? Because they don't live with us most of the year so they can't help anymore. They only come home for a day here and there during the school year and at Christmas break and summers. It still gets dusty in their rooms but I can't make them clean it when they're not there, right?

Hubby was supposed to work until 10 last night but came home his regular time since they didn't need him after all. He startled me when I heard the doors open and my heart began racing. I had heard on the news that afternoon that our community was warned that there were a lot of break ins this spring and it must have been in my mind. He should have called me quick to tell me he was coming home early. I just had leftovers which I didn't remember we had and so did he.

I will have to make dinner tonight but I didn't think about it last night as I was getting tax stuff ready for my appt. this morning. I have no idea what to make or what sounds good. I do know one thing--we won't starve!

That's my day!

Alice

Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 09:04:14 AM »
Good Morning!

Merilee: doesn't it feel great when you have a productive day!?

I am a little off today.  We have been fighting colds. Nothing serious, but just a nuisance more than anything.  I feel okay, maybe a bit drained.  I went to weight watchers this morning, but opted out of walking and lunching. 

I am leaving on my mini vacation with my HS gf early Friday morning.  I am looking forward to it!  Ironically, we are to have a huge warm up for time I am gone!  Should be good and cold when I get back.  ::) 

Hubs and I are going to a movie this afternoon.  We are going to see Manchester by the Sea.  It will be nice to spend some time together before I leave.  Will probably do dinner out either tonight or tomorrow as well. 
I don't like to do dinner out on Valentine's day just because it is so busy and crazy, so we saved that for a much calmer evening! 

Not too much else happening here.  Just trying to get organized and prepared for travel.
Hope everyone has a great day.
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25