Author Topic: Monday, February 27, 2017  (Read 667 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Monday, February 27, 2017
« on: February 27, 2017, 06:18:37 AM »
Good Morning all.

We had a very interesting weekend. We went from nice spring weather back to winter and now it's cold again.

We did a lot of paperwork over the weekend tying up some IRS things that needed to be done, mailed it off and then a few other paperwork items and by mid-afternoon Saturday we had it all taken care of. We had dinner plans with my parents and by brother and his girlfriend that evening. We promised mom when she felt better we would go have seafood so we went to Red Lobster and had a long wait but a very good dinner.

Sunday only one kid came home to study but then we invited a couple over for dinner since I had a big pork roast thawed and only one kid showed up and MIL couldn't come at the last minute. We had a wonderful dinner together and got to know this couple a bit more. We had a quiet evening Sunday night to get ready for hubby to start his new job today and me to just go to work getting ready to end the month tomorrow. It is busy at month-end.

Hopefully the week will be a quiet easy going one. Hubby should now be home every day at 5:30 and that will be nice to have dinner together and then ease into walking together again. I have no idea what our new routine will be each day, whether we walk first and then eat dinner. We'll see how things work out the first few weeks.

That's my update. How was your weekend?

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Monday, February 27, 2017
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 07:36:43 AM »
Good Morning!

Alice: sounds like you had a nice weekend.  Hopefully you will ease right into your new routine.  It will be nice that your husband will have a consistent schedule.

Our weekend was nice and pretty relaxing.  Hubby had to work some, so we worked around that.  Friday I was home, and worked on laundry.

Saturday I went to brunch with 2 of my college friends.  It was suppose to be 6 of us, but one by one 3 ended up cancelling. We still had a nice visit. It was good to see them. 
Saturday afternoon hubs and I went to the movies.  We saw the Lego Batman movie.  It was cute. Nice to see something a little less deep/serious like the movies we had been seeing.  I made bbq nachos for hubby for dinner.  I wasn't hungry, so I just skipped it. 

Sunday we met one of hubby's college friends and his wife for lunch.  They live about 3 hours away and were in town for the weekend.  It was nice to see them.  We had a nice visit. 
We had leftover chicken for dinner.

We are on the last of the whole chicken I had made.  I want to make some chicken soup with what is left, but I'm not sure I want to do that for tonight.  I am thinking I will put it in a ziploc bag and pop it in the freezer for a future pot of soup. 
I am ready for a little bit of beef! 
I don't really have a plan for dinner, so I need to think on that a little bit. 

My bathrooms need a little bit of attention, so I will work on that, as well as mopping the kitchen floor.
I have a few things I need from the dollar store, so if I get myself pulled together, I will run there and pick up those.
Not too much for today.  The next few days will be busy, so I need to get things done today to be prepared for the week.

Hope everyone has a great day!  Looking forward to hearing what you are up to!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25