Author Topic: Monday, March 6, 2017  (Read 1004 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Monday, March 6, 2017
« on: March 06, 2017, 07:04:21 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Monday, March 6, 2017
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 07:17:13 AM »
Good morning!

As I sit here and look out the window, winter is back!  Yesterday was a pretty windy day and by afternoon the winds were fierce!  I got home from church with one of my sons about 3:15 or so and as we pulled into the driveway, we saw part of our fence get blown over!  I ran inside and got Steven then we went out to look.  The wind was gusting in all directions, it seemed, so the fence sections kept getting pushed one way then the other.  It looks like the posts weren't set properly (I think not deep enough, seems no gravel for drainage because the posts looked rotted in the area where they broke, and I doubt they were set in cement) so we ended up bracing them and hoping for the best.  As of this morning, they are still upright, though at crazy angles.  Then at some point in the evening, rain started falling, which then changed to snow.  So I am looking at about 3 inches of snow outside.  Today will be cold but by tomorrow temperatures will be heading upward, peaking at about 60 by Saturday, so that snow isn't going to last very long. :)

Last night was great.  For the past 2 months I have been involved with a local religious music group, preparing to perform an oratorio called "Lamb of God".  It is a musical composition about the last week of Jesus Christ's life, as told from the perspectives of Peter, James, John, Mary of Bethany, her sister Martha, Mary of Magdalene, Mary the mother of Jesus, and Judas Iscariot.  I am part of a group of Deaf people who will be performing in American Sign Language.  The choir, orchestra and ASL group have all been practicing separately, then last Sunday we came together for the first time, and we had another group practice last night.  It was great.  We have our first performances this coming Saturday, then two more next Saturday the 18th.  I'm excited!

I have nothing scheduled today beyond the school runs so I plan to give my house a good once-over.  I've also got laundry to do and bread to make.  I plan to spend about an hour or so each day this week reviewing my parts of Lamb of God so I can be as prepared as possible.

Not quite sure what dinner will be--my schedule says spaghetti but I think Steven made that for dinner last night.  I'll ask him when he gets up. :)

Have a great day!

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 07:33:08 AM »
Merilee: that sounds like quite the storm yesterday.  Hope you can get your fence back into shape without much work.
Your performance sounds amazing.  Enjoy!

My day got a bit of a late start.  Hubs and I went to Indianapolis yesterday for college son's baseball games.  It was so good to see him!  I hadn't seen him since he went back to school about Jan. 9. Probably got about 15 minutes total with him, but it was still nice.  They won both games, so that was a positive as well.  We left there around 7:00 and got home around 10:30.  It was a long long day, so I got a slow start this morning.

Hubs is out of town all week.  Back late Thursday night.  I will work on some organizing projects while he is gone.  There are plenty of those to be done!

Pretty low key "boring" day for me. 

Hope everyone has a great day!  Pop in and say Hi!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 01:42:51 PM »
Yup, I'm here.

Not much happening. Had a nice weekend which was restful for me. One kid came home Sunday, the other one not.

Had some plain and simple yet delicious meals. Beef Stew, meatloaf and mashed potatoes with a lettuce salad and a fruit salad. Make homemade bread and a sweet bread with candied fruit. We got very little in the way of groceries.

Ended up spending more for fertilizer for the 4-step plan, solar lights to replace a bunch that were just plain worn out from many years of use.

Helped my parents by grinding some meat, giving dad a haircut, tasting some of dad's homemade bread. Took a few long walks though it is still cold right now. Made 4 different types of salad dressings. I just don't want to buy dressings anymore so I'm getting serious about making my own. I'm enjoying the caesar one without the anchovies a lot. Honey mustard is good too. I'm trying to incorporate a salad into my meals each day. I also made ranch and french dressing.

We did laundry and rotated our mattress. Hubby thinks we need a new one but I just cannot afford one right now. I also read a good book over the whole weekend. Now I have to read one for work that needs to be read my March 30 where I have to attend a lunchtime meeting.

We're still eating from the freezer and still have enough variety so that's good.

That's it for my day.
Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 02:07:01 PM »
Sounds like a nice weekend Alice.

What book did you read?  Always looking for good referrals!
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 02:19:58 PM »
Two by two by nicholas sparks
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 07:14:04 AM »
Thanks.  I'll have to check that one out.

Pam
Wife of 32 years