Author Topic: Wednesday, March 8  (Read 854 times)

Offline Cheryl

Wednesday, March 8
« on: March 08, 2017, 06:44:41 AM »
Good wet Wednesday morning!

We had a big soaking rain all day yesterday, but we're drying out now and laundry and floor cleaning are at the top of my to-do list.  Mud, mud everywhere and it's been tracked into the house near my front door.

Other than laundry and floors I am working on writing some of my favorite recipes on cards, getting Emily started on her school work, and working on clearing out more things in the ongoing job of minimizing.

Supper tonight is  cube steaks, mashed potatoes, green beans.  I noticed we are down to 5 quarts of beans, so I can't wait to get some planted in the garden.  I didn't get enough to can last year because the rabbits ate them. 

Well, gotta get busy.  Have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Wednesday, March 8
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 07:35:10 AM »
Good Morning,

It is very windy here today! We were warned this was coming.

Hubby did a bit more work on the downstairs bathroom replacing some drywall around the shower surround. He did such a good job. He has been "mudding" or spackling, sanding and now he's ready to prime then paint. We will put a new light in there and a bigger mirror. Somebody will come in to tile, replace the toilet and sink and vent/light/heat unit. I'm ready for it to be done already. I had removed all the wall paper, washed the walls a few weeks ago so things are nice and dry. We have a glass door for the shower and we're toying with the idea of removing that and just using a shower curtain. The space is small and the door opens and touches the toilet which we're careful about but might just eliminate that issue.

We're still enjoying our meals from the freezer and pantry. We had homemade pizza Mon. and leftover pizza Tues. Tonight will be spaghetti. I also made oatmeal bars with a PB and choc. chip topping that was melted together. I froze all the bars so we can eat them slowly.

I want to replace the curtains in my bedroom. Right now it is a sheer that wraps around the rod with a homemade valance underneath. That sheer is slippery and the wraparound moves around too much for my liking. We're also getting the living room, dining room and kitchen windows replaced. I like the miniblinds so we will carefully remove them but I will want a curtain on the windows so in winter I can close them. In summer, the sun shines right into one kitchen window and all the way to the living room blinding people sitting on the couch. I'll need something to close in the summer also.  Little projects that don't need to be done urgently which is always nice.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Wednesday, March 8
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 11:02:34 AM »
Hello Ladies!

I have been out and about in the craziest wind!  Some of the gusts are said to be over 50 mph!  I am glad to be home and out of it.

Went to weight watchers meeting, and then walked with my friend.  We grabbed a quick lunch, and then I needed to stop at Aldi to pick up milk and a couple other things. That was a quick stop, and then fought the wind to get home.

Not much else to do here today.  I'm sure I can find things to keep me busy.

I need to make a Spring cleaning list to get myself motivated to get to work on that project!

We are off to Traverse City this weekend, so I need to make sure laundry is done and ready to go. We are going up Friday, and then doing a 5K Saturday morning.  I will walk, hubs will run.  We were scheduled to stay until Sunday, but I think I have hubby talked into coming home Saturday afternoon.  Most expenses are covered, but we still end up spending money unnecessarily, and we really need to keep an eye on that. I would just feel better if we came home.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25