Author Topic: Friday, March 17, 2017  (Read 1368 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Friday, March 17, 2017
« on: March 17, 2017, 05:26:31 AM »
Top O' the Morning to ya!!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:22:24 AM by pamgonzo »
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Friday, March 17, 2017
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 05:43:19 AM »
Good Morning Friends, and Happy St. Patty's Day! (or is it Paddy's??)
The extent of my green wardrobe is a Michigan State fleece.  I don't really do green if it isn't MSU wear!  Lucky I have that.  I have terrible memories of kindergarten getting pinched for not wearing green on St. Patrick's Day.  (it hurt!!)  :)

I am up and moving earlier than I have been for days.  I think it's because I have things I need to do.  Hubs and I are going to the movies at 11.  He took my car for an oil change appointment at 7:15.  We have a stop to make for his work before heading to the theater. 

Other than that, nothing happening here.  Well, there is the March Madness tournament.  We each fill out brackets as a family, so we like to follow the results.   We of course are hoping for the best for our Spartans, but really are not expecting much.  They had a pretty lackluster season.  :'(

Not sure what dinner will be, need to keep it meat free for lent.  I was just thinking - oh I could use the leftover meatloaf and make grilled meatloaf sandwiches until I realized it was Friday.  At least I remembered before I put it on the table! 
Maybe I could make some refried beans and either make nachos or burritos.  Fish tacos?  I will figure it out.  I do know I will have popcorn for lunch!   :D

Hope everyone has a great day!  Enjoy the holiday if you are a celebrator!
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 07:20:41 AM »
Hi Pam and all who follow,

Not loving our weather today--snow, rain, ice. But I have a lot to do today. I started work very early this morning because I need to leave at 2:30 to get my youngest daughter to the airport. Spring break starts this afternoon and she's going to Florida. Then my son comes home for his spring break. I need to get groceries. I compared Meijer and Aldi and Aldi is much cheaper so that's where I'm going. Dinner has to be made for 3 people. Hubby's new job gets him home by 5:30 instead of 7:30 every day and I'm struggling to get dinner on the table by 6 pm. I am not adjusting yet. It will come in due time. Doesn't help that I get home from work normally at 4:30.

If all else fails I did make a homemade beef taco hamburger helper type meal last night and there is quite a bit leftover so that should work. Maybe my son can make dinner this week while he is home. I'll find out how willing he is!  He isn't able to do anything special for spring break so I would love to do something with him but I am clueless as to what. I could take a day off from work or a partial day. It's about 8 weeks until his college graduation! The time went very quickly.

Not much else going on in my neck of the woods. I am glad it's Friday! I love my weekends!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 07:34:17 AM »
Alice: what about crockpot meals?  You can even do meal prep on the weekend, and put all the ingredients in a ziploc bag and put in the freezer.  Pull out the night before (or maybe even in the morning), throw in the crockpot and dinner ready when you get home.  I used to do this kind of meal a lot during baseball season because it was so busy for us.

Here is a link to some ideas:  http://www.nobiggie.net/25-freezer-crockpot-meals/
Maybe you can get some inspiration from these.

Hope you can find something fun to do with your son while he is home.  The public museum has an interesting exhibit, and the butterflies are at the Meijer gardens now. (although, I would suggest going later in the afternoon after all the school groups are bussing out back to school).

I have always found Aldi to be the cheapest as a rule.  I usually go there and get everything I can on my list, and then fill in with Meijer if necessary. (usually it's not necessary very often.)

Have a good one!
Pam
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 07:43:03 AM by pamgonzo »
Wife of 32 years

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 09:11:34 AM »
Top o' the morning to you all!  ;D

Last night was the tech rehearsal for our second location for Lamb of God.  It went great though we had some problems with the sound system.  We just kept going and gave our audience a good show. 

My role is one of the narrators, so I sit on the stage the entire time, and in the spotlight.  So I have to make very sure I sit up straight.  Now my back feels a little sore.  I think I'll be spending a bit of time with a heating pad later on to loosen up those muscles.  :D

I don't know how much I'm going to get done today around the house because I need to visit a lady in my church congregation.  She had knee replacement surgery and came home instead of going to rehab.  She lives alone (she's widowed) so I need to go assess her needs and set up help. 

At the very least, I want to get the house picked up and laundry put away.  If that's all I accomplish today, that will be good enough.

Today's St. Patrick's so we're having corned beef and vegetables, Irish soda bread, rainbow fruit salad and some kind of dessert if I feel like making one.

Have a great day!

Merilee

Offline Rooney

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 05:26:07 PM »
Alice: what about crockpot meals?  You can even do meal prep on the weekend, and put all the ingredients in a ziploc bag and put in the freezer.  Pull out the night before (or maybe even in the morning), throw in the crockpot and dinner ready when you get home.  I used to do this kind of meal a lot during baseball season because it was so busy for us.

Here is a link to some ideas:  http://www.nobiggie.net/25-freezer-crockpot-meals/
Maybe you can get some inspiration from these.

Hope you can find something fun to do with your son while he is home.  The public museum has an interesting exhibit, and the butterflies are at the Meijer gardens now. (although, I would suggest going later in the afternoon after all the school groups are bussing out back to school).

I have always found Aldi to be the cheapest as a rule.  I usually go there and get everything I can on my list, and then fill in with Meijer if necessary. (usually it's not necessary very often.)

Have a good one!
Pam
Good Morning Friends, and Happy St. Patty's Day! (or is it Paddy's??)
The extent of my green wardrobe is a Michigan State fleece.  I don't really do green if it isn't MSU wear!  Lucky I have that.  I have terrible memories of kindergarten getting pinched for not wearing green on St. Patrick's Day.  (it hurt!!)  :)

I am up and moving earlier than I have been for days.  I think it's because I have things I need to do.  Hubs and I are going to the movies at 11.  He took my car for an oil change appointment at 7:15.  We have a stop to make for his work before heading to the theater. 

Other than that, nothing happening here.  Well, there is the March Madness tournament.  We each fill out brackets as a family, so we like to follow the results.   We of course are hoping for the best for our Spartans, but really are not expecting much.  They had a pretty lackluster season.  :'(

Not sure what dinner will be, need to keep it meat free for lent.  I was just thinking - oh I could use the leftover meatloaf and make grilled meatloaf sandwiches until I realized it was Friday.  At least I remembered before I put it on the table! 
Maybe I could make some refried beans and either make nachos or burritos.  Fish tacos?  I will figure it out.  I do know I will have popcorn for lunch!   :D

Hope everyone has a great day!  Enjoy the holiday if you are a celebrator!
Pam

Maybe it is the not enough sleep talking, but I read this sentence and started laughing out loud!  Totally hoping that there is at least a word or two missing from it! :D :D

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 06:50:29 PM »
We have a stop to make for his work before heading to the theater.

Nope, I said what I meant (I think) - we were suppose to make a stop for my husband to do something for work before we continued on to the the movies.

How did you interpret that sentence?

Good news, he got out of that responsibility so no stop required!

Pam
ps: get some rest!!  ;)
Wife of 32 years

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 07:53:23 PM »
We have a stop to make for his work before heading to the theater.

Nope, I said what I meant (I think) - we were suppose to make a stop for my husband to do something for work before we continued on to the the movies.

How did you interpret that sentence?

Good news, he got out of that responsibility so no stop required!

Pam
ps: get some rest!!  ;)

I don't get the funny either? 

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 08:00:12 PM »
Hello!

I try to stop in and read at least once a week but don't always get to post.  Life feels busy right now and I don't really like that feeling.  Kids are on Spring break right now but will go back to school on Monday.

Haven't been getting to hike quite as often, usually just once per week lately.  Today I went and took Micah on his first hike since his foot surgery in December.  The surgeon released him for all activities last week so we did a good 4.5 miles today and he did well (not bad for a 9 yo with or without surgery).  None of it flat; most of it rocky.  My dad and I have a 6 day/5 night backpacking trip planned for early May so I need to step up my game to be ready to cover that 70-75 miles.

Weather has been so up and down here, but today we were at 83 for the high.  Very humid, too.  The first batch of cabbage and other early stuff I planted mostly was lost to frost; now it's too warm for most of it.  Didn't seem like a way to win this year.  Hopefully, the summer veggies will do better.

My parents will be visiting next weekend and then leaving from here straight two almost 2 weeks in Europe.  We will be glad to see them but the pressure is on to whip the house into shape!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!
Catherine

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2017, 07:59:44 AM »
Catherine: so good to see you posting!

Your hiking sounds amazing, and your upcoming trip sounds like a dream!  Where will you be hiking with your Dad?

I am aching to get out into nature about now!  The winter is so long around here, and as much as I want to be out there,
I do not do single digit temps, or even those in the teens!  Looking forward to Spring in the worst way! 

Hope your life settles down a little so you feel more comfortable.  Maybe once your parents are off on their adventure, you will feel less pressure and settled.

Again - so good to see you!!
Pam
Wife of 32 years