Author Topic: Thursday, March 16, 2017  (Read 831 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Thursday, March 16, 2017
« on: March 16, 2017, 07:35:58 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Thursday, March 16, 2017
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 07:50:01 AM »
Hello Everyone!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

It is still quite cold here in West Michigan.  Last night we watched our son's baseball game online.  They are in Florida, and the commentator kept talking about how "once the sun goes down it will get so cold".  And "pretty soon the fans here are going to be going to the concession stand to get hot chocolate" and "I left my windows open at home - it sure is going to be cold when I get there"  WHAAAAAAAAT????????  I was answering him out loud even though he couldn't hear me!  "Dude!!"  LOL!  Our team was getting smoked, but I was glad to be able to watch.  Our son did get in to pitch. He threw strikes, so that was what he was suppose to do.  He did give up 4 runs, but the starter gave up 13, so there wasn't all that much pressure on him this game.  I think he was ok with everything.

Today I am doing some organizing.  I hope nobody ever looks back at my posts, because I feel like I say that all the time.  Shouldn't I be organized by now?!?!   ;)

We are going to see Beauty and the Beast tomorrow.  We were planning on the earliest showing since hubby is owed some time off, and when it comes to a "kids" movie, I like to choose a time that might be less full of youngsters that get restless.  I usually look to the later showings, but this movie is over 2 hours long, and a 9:00 or later start time would be way late for it to get out.  I am hoping that there would be fewer people when most would be at work or school around 11 am.  We will see if it all works out for us to go.  We have a plan, but it is contingent on hub's work responsibilities.

We don't really celebrate St. Patrick's Day much, so we will be home tomorrow night.  I don't like to get involved in all that craziness.  It's kind of like New Year's Eve to me.  Just a lot of people overindulging.  Especially since it falls on a Friday.  There will be all of that all weekend I am guessing.  I'm out!   :)

Not too much else happening in my neck of the suburbs (I wish I could say woods!). 
Hope everyone has a great day!!
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 09:14:17 AM »
Good morning!

Another beautiful, sunny day here.  I'm going to enjoy it while I can--a cold front is moving in this weekend which will bring cloudy skies and rain next week.

Tonight starts our second week of Lamb of God performances.  I have so enjoyed doing this--I find myself singing bits and pieces of the songs as I go about my day.  It surely does a lot to lift my spirits!

Today I need to do grocery shopping.  That is my big thing.  Also I'll do a few errands while I'm out and about.

Tonight's dinner is grilled pork chops, mushroom rice, broccoli salad and fruit.  I'll prepare everything early except for grilling the chops since I have to leave for the tech rehearsal tonight at 5:15.

Pam, I laughed at your baseball story.  Utah can get pretty cold so anything above 50* is shorts weather. :)

Have a great day!
Merilee

Offline Rooney

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 11:58:09 AM »
Hey girls!  I don't post in this thread often anymore, mostly because I am a broken record.  School, food, laundry, clean repeat.

I thought you might enjoy a funny little story though.  Last summer my oldest was taking the trash out and he came in yelling, "It's after me!"  IT turned out to be a black haired pot bellied pig, but in the dark, ummmmm....well, I would have been freaked out too. :o So this pig put his paws up on our back French door windows and was just looking in. His owner was from down the road and was out looking for him, so took him home.

Anyway, last night hubby was getting out of his truck with a few groceries and turned around and there was that pig again.  Hubby worked on his brother-in-laws pig farm as a kid and was once bit by one, so he really doesn't like the idea of pigs at all.  But the kids do that is for sure.  So I had to stand at the front door and open and close it quickly while hubs got the groceries in, because everytime we opened the door it tried to run in the house!!!  Yep, it is evidently a house pig.  BUT NOT THIS HOUSE!!!  So the pig spent his evening on my porch lying on my welcome mat and pushed my big flower pots off the porch and broke them. :P  After the kids got their fill of watching him out the front door, we left him to decide to leave on his own overnight.  He did, but stopped by our trash barrels and tipped them over and ripped up garbage in the yard. :P 

Long story short.........I don't want a pig for a pet. ;D

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 02:04:08 PM »
Oh my!  I can't imagine having to pig dodge to get the groceries in the house!!  :)

Your neighbor needs to give you a phone number to call whenever piggy goes on an adventure
since it seems to end up at your place! 

*(sorry - I just had some bacon jokes that I decided to leave alone!)   ;D ;D

Good to see you here though!!  Pop in more often! Most of us have the same ol' same ol' too!  It's just nice to know others are out there in our same predicament!   ;)

Pam
Wife of 32 years