Author Topic: Tuesday, April 4, 2017  (Read 999 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Tuesday, April 4, 2017
« on: April 04, 2017, 08:50:16 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Tuesday, April 4, 2017
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 08:52:27 AM »
Good morning!

Busy day today.  My parents are coming with their truck tomorrow to help me haul the branches of a tree we cut down to green waste so I need to get all that moved from the backyard to the side yard so we can easily load.  I also need to cut them down to size so they fit in.  While they're here, we're also going to take some big stuff to the DI for donation.  So I want to get all that gathered and in one place in the garage for easy loading.

Laundry still needs to be done and I need to get at least a few shirts ironed for DH to wear for work. 

Better get moving.

Have a great day!
Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 09:23:57 AM »
Good morning - for a few more minutes anyway!

I am kind of out of sorts.  Just in that I feel like I don't know what I need to do today.  There's always things that need to be done, just need to make a plan for my day!

I want to get back to meal planning.  I feel so much more in control of my day when I have that sorted out before I even get up. 

Tigers/White Sox game was rained out yesterday, so hubs and his buddy are on their way back to Chicago for hopefully a game this afternoon.  Not sure how that is going to play out. 

It's still rainy and blah here.  I think it is suppose to be this way for another couple days at least.   :P

I need to get our taxes done.  The time is running out on that, so I need to buckle down and do it.  It is just such an involved process, and not an enjoyable one at all! 

Not sure about dinner.  Just me, so probably some leftover taco stuff, or cereal like last night!  I'm sure I won't starve!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Merilee - sounds like you will sleep well tonight after your heavy work day!

Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 11:36:31 AM »
I'm here, finally,

Long, hard, stressful days. The home renovations jobs are in their second week and with so much going on and the mess, I'm a mess! It's expensive and we finally got our IRS stuff straightened out but we owe them a LOT due to a mistake! I'm very unhappy and wanting to get the house fixed is so expensive that I hope we can recover from this financially. It's good we had the windows replaced because the big bay window was rotted underneath. We've only been here 4 years and inspections obviously can't show everything but it hurts to think we got stuck with it all. I need to get over it.

Dinner last night was leftovers and we just nibbled. We had a lot to discuss and so dinner was later than normal, the house was a mess, and then hubby had to go to work for a while. He was just home and in bed when he got called again and this time was out until 1 pm. He didn't get much sleep and I didn't sleep well either. This is our life and it pays our bills. Maybe tonight will be quieter.

The renovations are going just fine but I would like it to be done already. Dinner tonight will still be leftovers and that is just fine. Tomorrow the power to the house will be turned off to do the inside electrical stuff. Maybe tomorrow will be the last day too!  The weather hasn't been very cooperative. It rained every one of their work days.

I'm also cutting my grocery budget for this month. No shopping except for milk. I need yogurt but I think I'll try to make that this time around. We have strawberries and blueberries in the freezer so I'll use that for our fruit. I also know Easter is coming soon but I have a ham in the freezer and a box of potatoes (no fresh potatoes), squash, and lots of frozen veggies. There should be plenty of options. Maybe I can keep the spending down to under $100 for the rest of the month.

Here's a question--is it necessary to have the flavorizor bars in my grill? They are worn out and breaking and I wondered if it is necessary to replace them or just take the broken pieces out? I no longer can use the automatic clicker to start it so I use a handheld lighter to light the grill. It's old but I can't get replacement parts anymore and it's not in the budget for a new one.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats