Author Topic: Friday, April 21, 2017  (Read 1237 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Friday, April 21, 2017
« on: April 21, 2017, 08:49:06 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Friday, April 21, 2017
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 08:52:22 AM »
Good morning!

Another week over.  Today's going to be a busy one--I have grocery shopping to do plus Christie's birthday party is tonight so I need to get the stuff for that.  Then I have some party prep and assembly to do.  She loves music so we're doing a musical theme based on "My Favorite Things".  Should be fun.

So that's about it for my day.  Tomorrow we have the boys' soccer games and pictures. Also, Jordan is going to Prom so he'll be busy with that most of the day.  We got his clothes last week, and his hair cut yesterday.  I just need to find out what the plans are for pictures.  Tomorrow night is a home game for our pro team.  Not sure who is going to that one (we have two season tickets and rotate who goes). 

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Merilee

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 11:18:08 AM »
Howdy!

Getting geared up for the weekend. I love weekends. I'm thinking we need to address our lawn this weekend. The skunk has made a mess of it but it hasn't shown up for three nights now. I'm hopeful that it is gone.  I want it to start looking good again. I have two places that need some new grass and seed hasn't worked. I think I'll dig a bit and see if I can place some sod in there. One spot was where rained gushed down the roof and splatted onto a piece of wood but now we had a gutter intalled so I think I can take the wood away and place a nice piece of sod. I don't have roller but I do have riding mower to press down the lawn a bit. I think that is what I need to do. The rain this week hopefully was good for the lawn but the "plugs" skunky pulled up need some attention. Maybe I can press them back into place and hope they grow again.

Dinners are still becoming more difficult. Last night was one chicken thigh, carrots, celery, onion and noodles into a small pot of chicken noodle soup. Very appropriate for the cool night. Had some crilled ham and cheese with the leftover slices of bread. Now the bread is gone but I do have a couple of dinner rolls.  I did find a small beef roast in the freezer so I'll make that for Sunday dinner.

Not much housekeeping or housecleaning as we keep up on that regularly and the laundry is done as needed. With only two of us I have to wait a while before it's worth starting the washer up for.

That's it for me!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 05:33:05 PM »
Hello Ladies!

Sounds like you both have a lot of things to keep you busy!

My day flew by, and I'm not sure where it went!  I have been on the computer doing some research.  I need to step away from it for the night.  It is a real time sucker!

We have a busy weekend ahead.  Tomorrow I will go down to where my HS gf lives, and pick up hubby.  He is away from work, and they are ending up in that town tomorrow afternoon. So we can have a visit with her and her husband when he is done with work. 

Then Sunday, I have to drive hubs to the East side of the state. He is going to a family reunion meeting with his Dad, and then will stay with them as he has to be in Detroit Monday morning.  That way he and his work partner won't have two cars over there.  A lot of time on the road!

I am working on putting together a little flower bed together by my shed.  We have the cinder blocks, so I just have to put down the ground cover and situate the blocks how I want them.  Then I can get the dirt in.  Shouldn't take too long.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25